Chapter 42

"Dude, stop." Pagpapatigil ni Quint kay Daemon at tinawanan naman siya ng kaibigan.

"Ano? Ayaw mo nang marinig ang sinasabi ko? Marami pa akong gustong sabihin Schmidt. We can go for hours talking. I tell you, hindi ako mauubusan ng sasabihin. I'm trained to talk. Walang preno ang bibig ko kapag nagsimula ako. You asked for this." Kaagad na sagot naman sa kaniya ng kaibigan niya.

"Stop. I get it. Okay? I get it. And for the record, minahal ko si Ivy. Okay?" Sambit niya sa kaibigan and he can imagine Daemon's smug face.

"Then, do the right thing. Kahit ngayon lang, gumawa ka naman ng tama sa buhay mo." Sambit nito at pagak na tumawa.

"Minahal my ass. 'Yan ang paniwalaan mo kung 'yan ang gusto mo. Tutal hindi ka naman marunog makinig. What do you even know about love? You treasure all your properties. And kung mas mataas ang ranggo ni Ivy kaysa sa mga ari-arian mo, then yeah, you probably liked her. Pero mahal? Okay. Sige. Sabi mo e. Believe in whatever makes you sleep better at night." Sambit ng kaibigan niya at pinatayan siya ng tawag kaya naman napakunot ang noo niya.

Totoo namang minahal ko si Ivy. Ano bang nakikita ng gagong 'to para sabihin 'yun?

Quint sighed as he shook his head and just went back to his room. Hindi niya maintindihan kung ano bang naiisip ni Daemon at pahihirapan niya lang ang sarili niya kung patuloy niyang iisipin ang mga sinabi nito sa kaniya.

When he got back to his room, Yesh is still sleeping peacefully on his bed. He walked near her and caressed her sleeping face.

He knew that what he feels for Yesh is different from what he felt for Ivy.

When he was still with Ivy, what Daemon said was true. He didn't want anyone to touch her. And anyone who touched her is on the list of the people that he wants to kill. He wanted to make her feel comfortable around him because at that time, he thought that she would be his wife. They can't be awkward if they're going to be husband and wife. And he spoiled her. Because he had the ability to spoil her. She is his responsibility. It's his job to make her happy. Since he chose her.

He did force her to tell him about his past. Because he got impatient. He can't wait any longer. He wanted to make a move against those people.

While as for Yesh. A part of what Daemon said was also true. He wants to see her smile. He really likes it when she smiles. Hinahayaan niya ang dalagang gawin ang mga bagay na gusto nitong gawin. The only time na hindi siya nakinig dito ay noong umalis siya patungong France. And unlike what he did to Ivy, he didn't force her to talk about her past.

Hindi niya sigurado if what he did is the same respect that Daemon is talking about, but he wanted her to tell him things that she wants him to know. He liked it when Yesh talked about her past, because she wanted to share it with him, not because he asked her to share it with him.

Quint knew, that ever since they started dating, Yesh is slowly changing him.

Subtly.

Like a rain slowly sprinkling on his clothes until they become completely drenched.

While he was with Ivy, he just did what he wanted, as he believed in his own beliefs. He's not sure if it's because Ivy is not as vocal as Yesh is, but he did do things his own way.

Quint sighed when he realized what he was doing. He's actually letting Daemon's words affect him. He's even doubting himself.

Was it really love that he felt?

He's not sure.

Was he really in love?

Or is it that what Daemon said about him and Ivy, was his friend's observation correct?