Chapter 43

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Brisbane Airport. Local time is four-twenty five in the afternoon and the temperature is twenty-six degrees Celsius. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about. At this time, you may use your cellular phones if you wish." Yesh was busy watching a movie when she heard the announcement.

Kaagad siyang lumingon sa bintanang nasa gilid niya para tingnan na talagang nasa Australia na siya.

"Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight. If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you." Yesh quickly opened her phone and when she opened it, she saw a lot of messages.

She saw Quint's name. She then read his messages which are mostly asking kung nasaan siya, kaya naman kaagad niyang ibinlock ang number ng binata dahil baka matawagan pa siya nito.

"On behalf of Mendez Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!"

Yesh didn't pay any attention on the announcement as she opened Chase's message.

"Tell me once you've landed. I'm already here. Be sure that you stay safe and do not let anyone hit you. Wag kang makipagunahan lumabas. You're pregnant so be careful."

A smile formed on her lips as she read his message.

"Seriously. What a sweet guy." Natatawang aniya at nagsimulang tumipa sa cellphone niya.

"I'm here na. Just waiting until we can get out."

When she sent the message, itinago na niya sa shoulder bag niya ang cellphone niya. Then they were given the permission to leave the plane after a few minutes kaya naman tumayo na si Yesh mula sa kinauupuan niya.

When she finally got off the plane, a man walked towards her.

"Good afternoon, miss. I'm Eric, an employee of Sir Mendez. We were notified about your arrival and he told us to make things quick and easy for you so you don't need to line up for the immigration. Please follow me." Kaagad na sambit nito sa kaniya nang makalapit ito kaya naman sinundan na lang niya ang lalaki.

And true to his words, dere-deretso nga siyang naglakad hanggang sa makalampas siya sa immigration. At nang makarating siya sa kuhanan ng luggage, may isa pang lalaking naroon na para bang naghihintay sa kanila habang hawak nito ang luggage niya.

Napataas na lang ang kilay ni Yesh.

Is this what power feels like?

She wanted to laugh because of what she thought pero pinigilan niya ang sarili niya at tinanggap na lamang ang luggage niya. The customs didn't even checked her things and just allowed her to walk through. And Yesh just followed the two men in front of her. Everything was happening so fast kaya hindi na lang siya umimik at hinayaan na lamang niyang gawin ng mga ito ang gusto nito.

"Daemon and his friends are amazing." Hindi maiwasang bulong niya sa sarili.

When she got out of the airport, she thanked the two men who helped her. Then she saw Chase walking towards her direction.

"Why do you look like that?" Nagtatakang tanong nito sa kaniya at lutang niyang tiningnan si Chase.

"I just experienced what having power felt like. And it was amazing." She said in an amazed tone kaya naman napahagalpak ng tawa ang kaibigan niya.