Chapter 48

Yesh opened her eyes and what welcomed her vision was a white ceiling. Napakurap-kurap siya at kaagad siyang napalingon nang marinig niya ang boses ni Daemon.

"Yeah. Good to have you back." Nang lumingon siya kay Daemon ay nakita niyang nagtago ang mata nilang dalawa.

There were thee men in the room. Si Quint na nakaupo sa upuang nasa gilid ng kama niya, si Daemon na nakikipag-usap sa lalaking nakatalikod sa kaniya na malamang ay si Chase. Hindi niya pinansin si Quint na nakaupo sa gilid niya at nagsalita.

"My baby? Is my baby alive? Is he alive?" Kaagad na tanong niya and when Daemon nodded, Yesh smiled with tearful eyes.

"Schatz." Quint suddenly said as the man tried to wipe the tears on her face pero iniwasan niya ang kamay nito.

"Don't touch me Quint. I honestly don't want to see you." She said before looking at Quint.

"The only reason kung bakit ako pumayag na malaman mo ang nangyari is because he's still your son. And he almost died. I don't care kung nandito ka, but do not act as if we're close." Sambit niya sa binata at siya na mismo ang nagpunas ng luha niya.

"Chase. Can I see my baby? I want to see him." Lumingon siya sa kaibigan as asked her question.

"Of course. Louis said that you could see your baby boy anytime before he left a while ago." Pagsagot sa kaniya ng kaibigan niya kaya naman ngumiti siya.

Chase helped her sit on the wheelchair. Quint looked like he wanted to be the one to do it, pero hindi niya pa rin pinansin ang lalaki. Hindi siya galit dito, but she doesn't want to talk to him.

When they arrived in front of the NICU, Yesh didn't entered the room but she can see his baby boy through the glass window of the room.

Tears flowed out of her eyes the moment that she saw her son. He's her miracle. He looked so small and his skin's still red. There's a lot of machines and tubes connected to her baby who's still fighting for his life at this very moment.

Yesh felt happy, sad and scared at the same time. Masaya siyang lumabas ng buhay ang anak niya, pero malungkot din siya dahil nahihirapan ito ngayon. And she's scared that he might lose in his battle.

Yesh continued to cry as she stared at her son. Her little baby.

Napakaliit at payat nito na parang kapag hinawakan niya ang anak niya ay madudurog niya ito. And there are a lot of people around her son. These people are all doing their best for her son to live. 

"Are you okay?" Chase asked and Yesh nodded without looking at him. 

Nanatili siyang nakatingin sa anak niya habang sinasagot niya ang tanong ng kaibigan.

"I'm alright. I need to be okay for my baby. My little baby's fighting bravely. You see him? He's so tiny. I want to hold him but I know that I can't right now. My little baby's really alive, Chase. He's really breathing. Look at him. He's so small but he's a very brave one. That's my little one right there." She stated. She felt proud as she talked about her son.

"Mhm. He's a really brave, little guy. Of course, he's brave. He's your son, Yesh." Komento ni Chase.

Yesh heaved a deep breath as she tried to stop herself from crying. She really wants to hold him. He's her baby boy, but the situation doesn't allow her to hold her son. And it's a heart-wrenching situation for her.

"Let's go back. You still need to rest." Daemon said beside her.

"Just a few more minutes. Let me look at him for a few more minutes. I'm fine." Yesh stated as she continued to look the her baby.