Chapter 33

Yesh hummed as she walked towards her room. Kaagad siyang naghanap ng pamalit na damit and quickly changed her clothes before walking to the living room.

"Bear. Come here." Pagtawag niya kay Bear na hindi naman siya pinansin habang nilalaro nito ang mga bolang maliliit na nagkalat sa sahig ng living room niya.

Napasimangot na lang si Yesh pero hinayaan niya namang maglaro na lamang si Bear. She lied on the couch as she opened her phone and scrolled through her social media accounts. She was humming to herself as she put her and Chase's photo on her story, along with the pictures of the foods that they ate.

Once she was done, she continued to see her friends' posts until a message popped up.

"I'm at the airport na. Thanks for your time today. Remember to always take care of yourself and to call me if he ever makes you cry. I'm only one call away. See you when I get back here." 

Yesh smiled as she saw Chase's message. Chase had always been such a sweet guy. Ito ang takbuhan nilang dalawa ni Light sa tuwing umiiyak sila dahil ng mga naging ex nila. And he always makes time for the both of them, even if he is busy.

"Okay. Take care of yourself too. See you! Ingat!"

She replied back then she opened her conversation with Quint when she remembered that he told her to message him when she got home.

"I'm home na." She notified him as she put her phone down on the couch and made her way towards the kitchen.

Nag-init siya ng tubig at nagtimpla ng kape bago siya nagtungo sa kwarto niya at binuksan ang bintana. Naupo siya sa bintana at nagsindi ng sigarilyo.

Yesh felt like it has been a long time since she had been alone. She was always with Quint kaya naman hindi niya maiwasang isipin na medyo matagal na simula nang naramdaman niyang mag-isa siya.

And since she's alone, ngayon lamang siya nakakapag-isip.

Her relationship with Quint, is really complicated. And she just hopes that her decision wouldn't be the one to break her in the end. It took her a long time to fix herself and to be who she is now. It took her a very long time to grow and be a strong woman.

Yesh's family weren't poor. Although they cannot be classified as rich people, hindi rin naman sila naghihirap. They had a lot of lands because her father valued properties more than money.

Ang ang palagi nitong sinasabi sa kanila ay investment iyon para sa future nilang magkapatid. Na kung sakaling may mangyari man sa tatay niya at nanay niya, they can sell the lands. Because the value goes higher with time.

But when her parents were killed, on the day of their birthday habang nasa camping activity silang dalawa ni Wyndell, they were too young to understand just how much value those lands hold. And her father's siblings, tried everything to take those lands from her and her sister.

They talked to them and urged them to sign the papers. They treated them well and gave them food and shelter at the beginning when they were trying so hard to gain their favor. Pero nang hindi sila nauto ng mga ito, pinalayas sila ng mga kamag-anak nila dahil nagiging pabigat lang daw sila sa buhay ng mga ito.

Wala silang pinirmahang kahit na ano ng kapatid niya, but her relatives forged their signature. She knew nothing when she was young. She didn't even know kung papaano niya ibebenta ang mga lupa ng tatay niya, nor did she know that their signature was forged by her relatives. 

She was so devastated because of her parents' death, and she was too young to even experience how harsh the world is. 

Yesh, together with her sister were the only one left in their own little world when their relatives throwed them away. No on tried to give them a helping hand. All the other people were busy living their own lives to even spare them a glance.