Chapter 15: End of Backstory

Ivy started to tremble in fear as the men entered the room one by one. The last one to enter locked the door, cutting off the one and only escape route for her.

The cries coming out from behind the door would not attract any attention in this solitary place, which, would make her not able to even ask for help from anyone.

Her heart was pounding as they looked down at her. She can literally feel the hard beats of her heart as her very being started to be swallowed by fear.

One of them then held her by the arms and pinned her against the wall, telling her to stay still while another one of them removed her shirt.

She tried to fight back, to push them away, but it was no use. They were much stronger than her. And all that she could do was to helplessly scream for help and cry, even if she knows, that no one would be able to hear her and save her.

The place, was obviously, in solitude.

She could only plea in silence. She could only wish that he would come to her rescue.

Quint, please, please, save me, and your child, please.

Its been three days since Ivy was kidnapped and Quint continued to look for her, with the help of his friend Riley.

They can't find her, whenever they thought that they had a lead, palaging wala silang napapala. Ilang warehouse at villa's na ba ang pinasok nila ng patago para lang mahanap si Ivy? They lost count already.

Quint's face was serious as he looked at the horizon. Nasa rooftop sila ng penthouse ni Riley habang patuloy pa rin nilang ipinapahanap si Ivy sa mga tauhan nila.

He's holding a can of beer and a cigarette, whilst silently staring at the view in front of him.

The sun was setting, making the sky have this picturesque yellow orange hue. The soft breeze of the wind, seems like its softly singing to calm him down.

He's tired. Ilang araw na rin siyang walang matinong tulog dahil hindi rin naman siya makatulog sa sobrang pag-aalala sa mag-ina niyang nawawala.

Everytime her tried to sleep, its either magigising siya dahil sa isang nakakatakot na panaginig tungkol kay Ivy, o kaya naman hindi talaga niya magawang makatuog dahil sa pag-aalala.

The bags under his eyes were dark, stubble continued to grow on his face and he has this air of seriousness around him. Unlike when he was facing Ivy, in which, he tried to look as gentle as possible, as of now, he looks like he's ready to go down to hell.

Quint had his regrets. Had he not went to his company that day, or if he brought Ivy along with him, naiwasan sana niya ang pangyayaring ito. Hanggang ngayon, ligtas pa rin sana ang kaniyang mag-ina.

It was his fault.

Kapabayaan niya ang nagdala sa fiance niya sa kamay ng mga taong iyon.

And he can only hate himself for that.

"Man, they found Ivy." As soon as he heard Riley's voice, he faced his friend and a ray of hope showed on his face.

"Where? Let's go." Mabilis na sagot niya sa kaibigan at kaagad na dinampot niya ang susi ng kaniyang sasakyan na nasa lamesa.

Nawala ang tama ng alak sa sistema niya ng dahil sa narinig niya.

He couldn't wait any longer. He wants to see his Ivy. He wants to touch her. He's dying to see her.

Mabilis ang pagkilos nilang magkaibigan. Riley told him the location and he started to drive. Kung pwede lamang niyang paliparin ang sasakyan niya, nagawa na niya.