CHAPTER TWELVE

Ashe called on a shifter friend to bring him four tires. He looked around the area with more than his vision and caught a familiar scent. It was one that he was not expecting. This was a minor inconvenience and had it not been public, he'd have simply waved a finger and had the tires like new.

Instead he did fix the shattered tail lights by pulling some from his trunk as if this was an everyday occurrence. When his friend, Alpha Lorenzo Maddox of the Moonlight Wolf pack, arrived he grinned at Ashe.

"I never took you for the lover scorned drama." Lorenzo was a huge male, matching Ashe in height at six-eight and slightly more muscular than his own frame. "Someone had a big ass knife."

Ashe shrugged. "I don't have a lover scorned. I haven't really thought about a female more than a night to scratch an itch and that hasn't happed in over year and a half. For the past eight months, I've only thought of one female."

Lorenzo knew about the situation with Savannah as did anyone who followed his social media accounts. "So she's a free woman now?"

Ashe nodded. "Ass tried to make Savannah out to be the cause of his physical abuse and cheating." He looked at the tires Lorenzo had brought and with a little magic, they were the exact same tires that were on his 4Runner."

He and Lorenzo worked to change out each tire. "How do shifters handle waiting to claim a younger mate?" Ashe whispered the question.

Lorenzo grinned. "It's a nightmare for the older mate. The younger one just has an infatuation until they reach the age of consent. The older one is going through the need like mad every day. They either keep themselves beyond busy or handle the need several times a day. It's not natural for our kind to hold back from a mate. I've been with Nadia for fifty-four years and we still have that need like day one. It's not human. If Savannah is struggling with her human past, then bring her around and she can talk to the mated couples."

They moved to the other side of the truck. "She's been getting counselling from the Winters from Transformation Church. They're trusted."

"Oh well then. I don't think she would be struggling much with the need," Lorenzo said. "They would have told how it is for true mates at this point. They would have recognized her as a person of power."

With the tires changed, Lorenzo and Ashe put the shredded tires in the back of Lorenzo's truck. Ashe repaired the tires. "You can get a good amount for these and put the money into the pack funds."

Lorenzo grinned. "I'll take you up on that. We've been doing great with our investments but can always keep things boosted."

"You keep doing what I said, you'll have no money problems," Ashe said. He got into his truck. "Thanks for the assist Lorenzo."

Lorenzo saluted. "Bring Savannah by after you tell her your little secret." Lorenzo grinned. "I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that discussion."

Ashe sighed. He couldn't say anything until Savannah was ready to be claimed. "You are a pervert, Lorenzo. I need to talk with Nadia about this."

Lorenzo got such a heated look in his eyes that Ashe waved him away. "You know what, never mind. Go home to your mate."

***************************************

Savannah made it home and thankfully, there was no Rev waiting for her. She let the pups out and they ran to the elevator greeting an older couple who lived on their floor as well.

"Oh look at you two big beautiful babies." The female rubbed Kane and Ayea as she always did when seeing them. "You are so gorgeous and such good dogs."