CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Unprecedented is what the media called it. The entire state of Florida was without power from the most aggressive blizzard in history for the area. While the snow has stopped, the damage was only beginning to be uncovered.

The events at the hotel were being described as a domestic terrorist attack. The males involved were apart of a white supremacy group and it seemed their goal was to steal. Notable mentions were Savannah Effrain, now, a new multimillionaire thanks to her development of the hottest MMORPG in the last ten years. Her new husband was also a multi millionaire in his own right with AsheFen Designs.

The media had dug deep, Ashe concluded. They mentioned the brothers Marek and Vanek, out of Canda. That made Ashe snort. They were descendants of the wealthy Lamuldon family who's worth was estimated to be in the millions. Several other millionaires were staying at the hotel as well. This was believed to be the motive behind the attack.

Everyone loaded into their vehicles. Yvette and Darnell were riding with Hardwick and Taysen. Braydon took the lead with Vanek and Laura bringing up the rear. There were dozens of vehicles forced on the road now. With no street lights, they had to inch down the icy roads.

Each vehicle had a full tank, but only the vehicles upgraded by Ashe and Savannah had more than a 400 mile range.

Rev was the first to mention gas after four hours of driving. Braydon pulled off at a 24 hour pilot running off generators. There was a line of cars seeking fuel.

Savannah did her thing and made sure the station's fuel was high. They were still 85 miles from Tallahassee.

The store was barely staying open with the generator. It was old and failing. Marek went around the building and gave the thing a magical boost. The lights brightened and a few more station's could be used. The line moved quicker and everyone was able to fuel up and handle business.

They purchased what drinks and snack were left. Braydon was using a paper map since his phone had no service. Vangie, riding with Rev, was talking quietly on her phone.

Ashe saw Rev's mind spinning. He'd forgotten to take her off his plan. Ashe kind of felt sorry for the male. Kind of.

"We can take point," Ashe offered. "Vision is still up. Signal is good too."

Braydon was impressed. "I'm switching. That's impressive."

Ashe smiled. "Savannah. When she was working for then, she found a way for them to retain power from under ground state to state connections. They are the only company to do such a thing."

"Soon as we can, I'm switching." Braydon accepted the offer to use Ashe's phone to check on his older children.

After an hour, they were back on the road again. Once in Tallahassee, they drove to the shop. It was covered in a mound of snow. Everyone was able to get out and stretch. Yvette was able to make a meal when Ashe started the generator.

Vanek and Marek escorted Laila and Laura to their apartment. They couldn't stay there but it proved to be needed. A hot meal, hot showers and fresh clothing went a long way to helping improve moods.

Ashe took his turn feeling a bit of mental drained. He had his head back letting the water push away stress. The door opened and he knew it was not his mate.

"Oops," Vangie said. "So sorry. Thought it was free."

Ashe kept the glass cloudy so she could not see anything. "Then get out!"

"Do you need help washing your back?"

Ashe felt Savannah move. "I'll be handling anything my husband needs. Get your ass out of this bathroom."