CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Ashe began teaching Savannah how to use her powers to see what what she couldn't physically see. He showed her how to scan and peek into minds, not just get feelings. Savannah wasn't comfortable doing that part so she figured to only use it if she were in danger.

Ashe also taught her how to coordinate with Kane and Ayea. They were more powerful than simple dogs. Their strength was at least 1000x greater and their vision was better than even her enhanced vision. They had the ability to scent anything and could help her through fights by being her eyes.

It was a lot to take in, but Savannah had always been a fast study. She listened to what Ashe was telling her and planned to use it.

It was barely 8 that evening and Savannah felt exhausted. She'd lived 30 plus hours inside of this day with their trip to another dimension.

Ashe returned from the bedroom. It was a studio apartment so everything was out in the open. He'd put up a divider for bedroom privacy.

"Bed is ready for you and I laid out something for you to wear. Got towels for a shower. Hope you don't mind simple Dove soap."

Savannah smirked. "Nothing simple about Dove. That is the best soap ever in my opinion. You got a few more brownie points. A lot of guys go for the Axe or Old Spice."

Ashe shrugged. "Smells good but like you said. Everyone wears it."

Savannah stood. "Where are you going to sleep?"

Ashe showed her a hammock he kept on the balcony. "I'll leave it out there.

"I feel bad, now."

Ashe smiled. "Don't. I've slept out there before. This time of year it's quite nice as long as it isn't raining. Go shower and get some sleep. We have a lot to do tomorrow."

Savannah did shower and tried to sleep. Ashe had a bed made like a huge cloud. She felt like she was being cradled in the bed. But she didn't find sleep well. So she woke in a crappy mood. Even the pups decided it was better to be on her than off.

Ashe was keeping a healthy distance while still helping her to maneuver around his place. Savannah growled at the expresso maker for than two minutes to prepare her cappuccino. She didn't even have one in her apartment. She burned her toast because she decided to put it back in instead of setting the toaster properly. Ashe liked barely toasted bread and she wanted golden. There was no more bread.

Ashe had organic peanut butter and she wanted her honey roasted Peter Pan brand. Her curls this morning just felt too frizzy and was she about to start her cycle? Oh god! Savannah groaned. She hadn't had a cycle in two no three years.

Ashe returned from wherever he'd gone with several bags. Savannah burst into tears when she saw the bread, her peanut butter and more items that she liked to eat.

"I scoped out your fridge and pantry," Ashe said. "I wasn't allowed to take anything but the market opens early." He held out tampons and pads. "No idea what you like so I got both in different brands."

Savannah laughed when he kept pulling out feminine items. "You actually went down the isle and got all of these? How do you know? I haven't had a period in years."

"Your scent is changing," Ashe answered. "Women are universal. You can turn it off or keep it natural."

Savannah decided to go natural. It would keep her occupied and not thinking about jumping Ashe. That's why she couldn't sleep last night. She wanted him in the bed with her.

"Can you turn off your ability to scent?" Savannah scrunched up her nose. "The female menstrual cycle is not exactly something that smells good."

Ashe smiled. "I work with females. I'm used to it and most of the females I've worked with are pretty clean. Others, well. Thankfully I do have tricks."