CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Mom, who is that gorgeous male specimen?"

Savannah looked over at Tarek standing with Ashe. Tarek was a couple of inches shorter than Ashe's 6ft 8in and had jet black curly hair pulled back into a ponytail tail. He wore a sweater and jeans. To Savannah he looked like a full blood Native American with his dark golden skin, chocolate eyes and full lips. She was getting serious Jacob vibes.

"His name is Tarek and he just got into town last night," she told Laila. "What about Morgan?"

Laila snorted. "After Dad, I have no room for cheaters."

Savannah could understand. "Well, Tarek is married. Been married for a while. Happily."

As they spoke, Cardee skipped over in her jeans and sweater. She bounced up and kissed Tarek on the cheek.

Laila sighed. "The best ones always are. He's cute though. Cardee seems like fun. Do you know her or them well?"

Savannah guided her daughter back towards the 4Runner. "I've recently met a bunch of Ashe's friends and family. They're all really nice and fun to be around."

Laura ran out, pulling on her coat. "Why is it so cold?" She stomped the snow. "This is Florida!"

Savannah laughed. "I said the same thing. Now let's get going."

The roar of a truck engine sounded. Everyone looked at the big Ford F150 still with the dealership tags on it, pull up to the gate. Rev and Vangie got out. The truck was left running.

"Dad must have sold the house," Laura said.

"What?" Savannah was shocked and pissed. "He took my 129 grand and still sold that house?"

She was pissed. Rev said he'd never sell so she bought him out. "How much? No never mind?"

Savannah pulled out her phone and pulled up the listing. The townhouse had sold for nearly 450 thousand. Rev and his little family was enjoying the money it seemed from that truck he was now driving. It was carrying some upgrades including a lift kit and more aggressive tires.

Rev was decked out in designer jeans and a leather jacket. Vangie had on her own designer ensemble with some fur lined shin high boots. Her hair was freshly styled and a good six inches longer than before.

"Vangie's hair is," Laila started.

"Blue," Laura finished. "Dark blue."

"Yep." Savannah didn't need to say more.

The door opened to the shop again and this time a Tarek look alike walked out. So this was Marek, Tarek's twin. They looked mostly identical except Marek had jet black, straight hair to the shoulder blades.

Laila whimpered a little and inhaled. "Oh man. Who brought out cookies?"

Savannah's mouth dropped open. Marek had been headed for his brother and Ashe, but he turned and his honey brown eyes settled on Laila and he inhaled.

"Oh, no. Oh shit," Savannah murmured.

Ashe looked over, catching on to what was happening, and smirked. Savannah watched in slow motion as her baby girl did a little mating round with Marek. She covered her face with both hands and tried not to turn into a mother.

Ashe joined the group and placed an arm around his mate's shoulders. "Isn't this great?"

"You can't be serious."

The vehicle shopping expedition turned into a Rev show. He completely ignored what the girls said they wanted and led everyone to the same dealership where he'd just purchased his truck.