CHAPTER THIRTY

Savannah lay in Ashe's arms after another amazing round of love making. Since getting pregnant, she was more insatiable than ever and Ashe was happy to oblige every time.

Ashe rubbed her belly where their son was calm for the time being. Savannah was more than half way through the pregnancy, six months in human time.

"That was incredible."

Ashe grinned. "You always say that. Thankfully, I know it's true."

Savannah laughed. "Oh yeah. I can't get enough." She rolled to straddle his lap. When she looked down, her smile widened.

"I can't get enough either." Ashe pulled her down for a kiss. That never happened.

Savannah's phone rang with one of her daughter's ring tones. Laura's.

"It's 3 in the morning," Savannah answered.

"Yeah, well," came Laura's grmpy reply. "Vangie decided to go into labor."

"Well, tell me later what happens." Savannah wasn't interested in going to this birth either.

"Mom!"

"What?"

"You know you need to come."

"Why?" Savannah challenged.

Laura was quiet for a moment. "To support your daughters."

Savannah grumbled then growled when Ashe lifted them, cleaned them and dressed them in the next few seconds. He smiled at her.

"You know we're going." Ashe kissed her forehead. "Come on, grumpy."

Laura laughed on the other end of the phone and told her what hospital.

Savannah packed a few snacks and Ashe stopped at a 24/7 McDonald's for a frappe. He knew she was stalling instead of making it herself. He didn't care.

At the hospital, they were told a lot. Rev was here and squaring off against some big man who kept snarling at him. Vangie was moving along quickly and would likely be pushing soon. Rev was demanding an express DNA check as soon as the baby was born which made Vangie snarl and the big giant, everyone learned was a guy named Jordan, nod in agreement.

Jordan believed the baby was his. Ashe caught Jordan's scent and his eyes widened. The male was all to happy to tell everyone how he knew Vangie.

Rev looked on in disgust. "You really are something, Vangie."

The nurse and doctors kicked everyone out to let Vangie have peace for the baby. Rev and Jordan kept as far apart as possible.

When Rev saw Savannah he smiled and walked over. "Thanks for coming."

Savannah shrugged and finished her drink. "Sure. No problem." It was said with a little too much enthusiasm.

Rev laughed. "You're still a horrible liar. But, thanks all the same."

Rev even made small talk with Ashe before his parents arrived.

For the next two hours everyone sat around waiting until a nurse came out to reveal that a baby girl was born, eight pounds four ounces, healthy.

Rev and Jordan both went back. Savannah looked up at Ashe. "Jordan isn't human."

"Nope. Some type of cat shifter." Ashe answered her mental question.

"Then he knows exactly whose baby that is."

Ashe gave Savannah a mental nod. "He was also there during the hotel attack."