CHAPTER TWENTY

Savannah got a call from Taytum mid November. He didn't have any pleasantries, but went straight to business mode.

"Where are you, Savannah?"

Savannah looked over at Ashe reclining in the grass about four feet from her with the dogs. "Uh we are at the Tallahassee RV Park."

"Can you provide proof of your whereabouts for the past seventy-two hours?" Taytum sounded urgent.

"We've been here for the last ten days, Taytum. What's going on?" Savannah watched Ashe jump up and come sit with her.

"Can you provide proof?"

Ashe pulled his receipt from his wallet. "We have the time we checked in and we are paid up for another 4 days."

Taytum sighed. "That's a loose alibi. You're being requested to come down to Tampa and provide a body scan and a DNA sample."

Savannah growled. "I haven't left Tallahassee as a part of my release, Taytum. My life is upside down because of Vangie and her accusations. What else am I being accused of?"

"Just come down to Tampa. It will go better if you come in willingly. I've got your permission to leave without any issues. The form is being emailed. Best for you to print that out and have a physical copy. I'm submitting the information now. Get down here fast." Taytum hung up the phone.

Savannah looked at Ashe. "What now?"

Ashe shook his head. "I can find out. Come on." He began to close up their camp.

Savannah helped and got all of their things put away. She changed out of her off the shoulder sweater and into a turtle neck and jeans. Savannah then brushed her long, now teal colored wavy hair. On instinct, she'd gone back to Renau and had him change her hair color. The entire shop had been in awe of how well the color came out and matched Ashe's hair exactly.

Her hair was down to her butt now. It was growing rapidly since getting pregnant. Renau had cut off four inches and it had grown five inches in the last month. Magically, Savannah had taken off two inches to keep it at her butt. It was thicker than ever and it looked like she was wearing hair extensions.

Ashe went into the sleeping area and out of sight, he disappeared. Savannah made sure everything was clean and the power and water hoses were disconnected. It was early for dinner, but Savannah fed the pups who loved their real food.

Ashe returned after ten minutes. He was furious. "Vangie has a black eye and a broken arm. She's claiming that you attacked her a few days ago. But her son, RJ has a broken arm as well. She says she wasn't going to call for her but RJ's injury forced her hand. Apparently there is a video of you fleeing the scene."

"I'd like to see this video. We haven't been anywhere near Tampa." Savannah decided to drive and once they were ready, she headed out.

It was about ten at night when they arrived in Tampa, at the police headquarters. The pups were back attached to Savannah, and Ashe escorted her inside. Taytum was waiting as he'd been updated on their progress. He was here to make sure that Savannah was not mistreated.

Rev and Vangie were there and when they saw her, their eyes were wide. Taytum was smiling. He went to his client.

"Nice hair style," Taytum said.

"Oh hell no!" Vangie waved her forearm that was in a brace. "Snatch that wig off her head!"

Taytum glared. "You won't touch my client."

Another police officer took Savannah into custody and into an interrogation room. She was then asked to show specific parts of her body, especially her hands which were in perfect condition. They asked her to take off any makeup. But, she didn't have any on. Finally, they requested to examine her hair.