CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Savannah kept her eyes on any coverage bout the sick people in Washington State.  What worried her was the lack of coverage on it.  Sure, she found some hidden updated reports deep within the CDC website, but even the major news networks weren't talking about what was going on.  Paranoid shopping had stopped in just the two days since hearing about it.  Yeah, Savannah was worried about it.

For now, there was nothing she could do about it.  Her mother and sister were due to arrive today so she and Dae were in their mommy/son outfits, blue and black.  He was asleep after his meal, nothing new there.  Ashe had gone to the airport to get them and should be back any moment.  Sure enough, Savannah heard the gate beep and felt her mate before she visually confirmed.

The family reunion was filled with a bunch of hugs and tears before Dae was oooed and aahhed over.  As expected, the commotion woke him up in a bad mood until he realized that he was the recipient of a lot of love and attention.   Savannah enjoyed her time with the family and her mom was living the debt free life and getting to do all the things she never imagined that she would be able to do including taking several cruises and traveling to see family all over the country.   She was even starting to date again.

Savannah was shocked to learn that Jayda had divorced her husband and was raising her three daughters in a co-parent situation.  Tripple K as they were fondly known, were currently staying with their father while she's been traveling with their mother for the past two weeks.

Vonda Wright looked beautiful and her weight loss campaign was still alive.  She was much slimmer than Savannah remembered as her memories collided.  Vonda really looked more and more like Tamela Mann now with her platinum blonde short hair cut.  It was weird.  Savannah helped her mother to heal from several conditions years ago and the healing was holding.

"I am so glad I left my guy after what Rev nearly did to you," Jayda said.  She was trying to get Dae from their mother and Vonda was not giving up her bundle of joy.  "I didn't tell you but that shit scared me.  I was with dude for like 11 years and I was like nope, I'm not doing that any more.  And then you go and get married again all secret like in a little more than a year.  What's wrong with you?"

Savannah shrugged.  "Nothing is wrong with me, Jayda.  Ashe is a great guy and makes me very happy.  You haven't stopped dating."

"Finding compatible men purely for sexual reasons.  Sorry, Mom," Jayda added.

Vonda sighed.  "I've given up on you settling down for real, Jay.  Just make sure you are being careful.  This world is a hot mess."

"Aren't I always?"  Jayda flipped her purple hair.  Savannah remembered hating her sister's long, thick perfect hair when her hair had always been nappy and required stinky relaxers.  Now, that wasn't a problem. It hadn't been a problem or a thought once being trapped in that marriage with Rev.  "Come on, Mama.  Hand over my nephew."

Vonda finally relented before looking at her oldest.  "Where are my oldest grandbabies?  Are they married yet?"

"Not yet." Savannah laughed.  "They are having fun with their men and doing what they love.  We have one more graduation before the five year gap then Kamari."

"I've already planned my hotel and I think my amazing daughter should take me car shopping.  I want to drive back to Texas."

"What?" Jayda and Savannah said at the same time.  "You've finally decided to give up that Beetle?" Jayda finished.  "How long have we been begging you over the last four or five years since Savannah came into her money?"

Vonda shrugged.  "I wasn't ready yet and Savannah has spent more than enough money on all of us, including you."  She pinned her youngest child with a glare.  "You do plan to finish school this time?"