NEW ASSIGNMENT

As soon as their group reached a hidden office in the outskirts of Ulsan, the one named Sim Jaeyun or more known as Jake bursts out a laugh as he walks up to the door of the out-of-the-way office building

Their leader, Park Jay shoots him a glare, "Are you finished?"

Jake glances at him before falling into laughter once more at the remember of the shocking encounter with a human.

Jay groans and shakes his head, slamming open the door with such force it almost rips away from its hinges.

"Take it easy," Heeseung says, the oldest one of them and he placed a concerned hand on his friend's shoulder.

Jay tries to do as suggested, but his back still tightens, adding to the intense, white-hot, throbbing pain from the wound in his right shoulder.

Jake wipes away a tear from his eyes and grins, the expression far too much like a wolf for anyone to think it's genuine, "I still can't believe she shot you"

"She was scared", Heeseung says, always the sense of maturity among them.

"I don't care why she did it," Jake quickly replies, "I only care that she did. The look on our almighty leader's face when it happened!"

He claps Jay on the back and lets out another chortle, not noticing the tightening of Jay's sharp jaw or the balling of his fist at his side.

"We should have taken her out as soon as we got there," Sunghoon says, a guttural growl rumbling at the back of his throat as he speaks.

Jake turns to Sunghoon who he always knew is such a ball killer of joy, arching a brow before saying, "Ah, you're always such a people person"

Heeseung rolls his eyes, his expression like a parent tired of their bickering children. But does he have another choice when he'd been stuck with them for several centuries?

The group continues on up the narrow flight of stairs until they reach a dark wood door, a panel of opaque glass obscuring the room inside. Jay pushes open the door, the group coming to a stop at the sight of a slim woman in a grey suit. A flash of sleek deep red hair streams down over her shoulders.

She looks up from the manila folder she was peering at and glares at them,"I was expecting you an hour ago.", a frown creases her brow as she looks over Jay's wound, "What happened?"

Jake barely stifles a laugh as Jay waves away her question with a sharp breath and it was healing anyway.

Their group bustles inside the buil, spreading themselves about the room. Heeseung takes a seat on the opposite side of the mahogany desk, fidgeting slightly when it's obviously not as comfy as it appeared. Sunghoon manages to scout out the darkest corner, a flash of flame glimmering in his eyes, followed by a ring of fire sparkling up from his fingers.

Jake flops into one of the other padded chairs, arms and legs draped over the sides and head lolled back.

Ignoring his companions, Jay strides to the only window in the room. The fragile, slatted blind quivers at his touch as he peers through it to the street below.

"There's no one around," the woman says. She lets the file in her hands drop to the desk, the slap of paper on wood sounding at the light impact.

"So, agent," Jake says, shifting slightly, "what are we doing in this dump?"

"Do you mean the town or the office?", Sunghoon asks coldly.

"Both", Jake replies and the two grin at each other, the stream of smoke from Sunghoon becoming a wisp from the wind as he chuckles.

"You should be more serious regarding this matter. You know how the last team in Ulsan ended up….", their handler trailed off as it make them all tense, remembering the photos of the mangled bodies.

"Well, you did send a team of werewolves to do a vampire's job," Jake  mutters, obviously trying to break the heavy silence.

"I called you here because I have a new objective to add to your current mission," the woman says, catching the group's attention, "You are to protect the next victim"

"What?", Sunghoon splutters out from the wall.

Even Heeseung leans forward, lacing his fingers together in confusion, "Protection?"

They were move into attack and collect some rouge of their kind, so this was like a new task for them.

"That's not exactly our speciality," Jake says, and everyone in the room is nodding in agreement.

The agent's lips thin, and she marches in front of the desk to stare at them, "You're my team," she says, her gaze drawn back to the folder on the desk. "There is no one else I - I mean, we, the Agency would trust with this assignment. The killer has run out of potential victims, there is only one left with the requirements of blood that he's after"

"The ones with the mutation in their blood?", Heeseung asks, and the agent nods in confirmation.

"Why does the killer want them?" Sunghoon asks as he waved off the fire away from his finger, "Doesn't the mutation mean he can't use his pheromones on them to get them to do what he wants, like normal humans?"

"That didn't help his other victims. But we're not sure of his reasons," the agent replies quickly, "You know who he is, you just have to find him and stop him."

"And also keep this new target safe?", Jake asks, lighting up at the new kind of task that was assigned to them, "No trouble at all then"

"Who are we being assigned to?", Heeseung asks, leaning further forward.

The agent frowns, her eyes watering for a moment. It's a soft expression the group has never seen from the woman in all their ten years of working with her. She had always been absolutely fierce and professional, so this is a rare sight.

"It's…" she begins, then straightens herself, her stiff expression returning. She reaches behind her to the folder, throwing it onto the small table in front of the group.

"It's my daughter"

The group of vampire surprised by this sudden announcement and not even aware Agent L/N had a child, eventually glance at the photo now spread in the open file.

"You've got to be kidding me," Jay says with a loud groan, gripping his wounded shoulder as Jake bursts out laughing.

Their new assignment is protecting the detective they'd just met outside of the warehouse.