MEET THE AGENTS

The next morning back in the police station, you find it difficult to decide between weirdos or creepy rude people as you typed up your report in your office

Not only had you discharged your gun, you'd actually injured one of them, which adds a whole new file of paperwork to fill in but admitting that you regret it is not up to your pride.

After a long time of looking through the screen, you lean back in your chair and stare out through the glass partition of your office to the station beyond. You know paperwork is important, and you ought to fill it out with the memory fresh in your mind, but there are other things you'd rather do first.

It's not like you're never going to fill it out, just not yet. Not when there are other things on your mind, like when you can go check the messages instead in your phone.

As you head out of the office and into the main station, you glance down and begin reading them, only pause mid-step when you see one from your mom.

You're about to read it when you hear someone cough in front of me and peer over the notes to find Seungmin fidgeting in front of you.

"Is there something you need, Seungnin?", you ask, watching as he shifts from foot to foot.

"It's just…", he clears his throat, flicking his head to the side so his bangs reveal his eyes a little more: big, puppy dog eyes which you imagine often get him out of a lot of trouble, "You took my phone yesterday. I wondered if I could have it back now? I promise I won't do it again!"

Oh crap, because of those weirdos from the warehouse and you completely forgot about as your gaze darts to the jacket hanging on the coat rack back in your office, where his phone is still hidden in the inner pocket.

You clear your throat and head towards your office, moving slowly towards your jacket. "You know, kid, I only kept it so long to really reinforce that I need you on the ball when I leave the station in your hands"

Despite of your reminder, you still reach into your jacket pocket and pull the phone out, throwing it to him. He fumbles to catch it.

"Thanks, Detective"

With a forced gratitude, he heads back to his desk and you let out a long sigh as you watch him from the office doorway. You know one of these days, he'll learn a lesson from your hands.

Suddenly, a welcome visitor strides up towards me, "You okay, Y/N?", Onda asks, worry in her words.

You raise an eyebrow at her concern, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Soobin told me you went to the old warehouse.Did it pay off?", she glances over you and only to see you standing slightly hunched, your body still aching from the confrontation last night, "And you're not exactly looking so good."