EPILOGUE

In the hallway outside of the detective's room, the team almost trip over Agent L/N, who is standing just outside of the door.

"Is everything all right?", Heeseung asks. He looks over her worried expression and hunched shoulders as she slips her phone into her jacket pocket.

"Not exactly", she replies, words as heavy as her frown, "I've just heard back from the other agents."

Jay stiffens beside Heeseung, arms folding tightly across his chest, "And?"

"It seems the theories on Y/N's blood we gained from the tests are correct", Agent L/N shakes her head, "Y/N's blood is more powerful than expected. As with the blocking ability, this strengthening effect also doesn't just work on vampires"

She glances at them each in turn, "It works on all supernaturals"

"Shit...", Sunghoon groans, forcing his fingers through his hair, "Now everything's going to be wanting a go at her to boost their powers"

"Yes, we get that", Heeseung says sharply to shut him up in regards to Sunghoon's statement and it makes the older agent's hands twist together.

"Why?", Jake asks with a shrug, "No one but us and a few others know about it, right?"

Heeseung passes Jay a knowing stare and he sighs, "It won't take long for word to get out"

"You think the Agency's got a leak?", Jake's voice almost strangles in surprise.

"No", Agent L/N replies firmly, "It's just too big a piece of information to keep contained"

Once again, Heeseung throws a knowing look in Jay's way, the team leader raising a brow in silent reply.

"We can at least keep her identity safe", Jay adds, "The supernaturals may know there's someone with power to tap, but not who it is"

The statement seems to help Agent L/N's obvious worried strain relax a little.

"The detective's about to be in for some fun then", Sunghoon comments.

"It's part of the reason you're all being assigned to Ulsan", she explains, "You'll work with Y/N, but also keep an eye on her"

She takes a step away and pauses, "Ulsan is about to become supernatural hive if we're not careful"

"And what about the detective?", Sunghoon asks, "You telling her what you just told us?"

"I won't keep secrets from her any more"

Jake's lips snap into a smirk, "All secrets?"

The mother tenses, "Any that I can, I will tell her"

Jake arches a brow, but is sensible enough not to push her.

"I have to meet with the others. Can one of you debrief my daughter in the mean time?", she asks.

"I'll go"

"I'll do it"

Jay and Heeseung speak the hurried reply at the same time.

In response, Jake swings around, a grin growing on his face, "Both rather keen, aren't you?"

"Do it together, that's fine. Thank you", she says. She hurries off down the narrow, tubular corridor.

"Do it together?", Jake'● grin widens, eyes sparkling like stoked embers, "Now there's a thought"

Heeseung rolls his eyes, "Come on, Jay", it's only then he notices the tension rippling over Jay's shoulders, "Everything all right?"