TAKEN AND DAZED

Rain lashes against you and Heeseung down the parking lot,  heavy droplets stinging against your skin with its chill and force. But you follow him through the parked vehicles.

Orange street lamps flicker to life in the day's gloom as you sprint past, seeming to frantically light your way. Trees lie on the far side through the distorted grey haze like ghosts in a fog.

You drag Heeeeung to a stop before asking panickly, "What the hell was all of that? What is DMB? Why are there zombies? I thought they could only be around at night!"

"It's okay, Detective", Heeseung moves back towards you, his voice soothing and calm, "I can't explain how the zombies are here"

His hands hang heavily at his sides, a strange tiredness seeming to seep into his voice suddenlyn "DMB is a poison. It'○ full name is Dead Man's Blood."

Your back snaps taut, "Poison?"

"It only really affects supernaturals. Vampires particularly. It can make us very weak and vulnerable", he purses his lips in confused thought, "Dr. Kim shouldn't have access to it at all. Only the Agency can use and get hold of it"

"What?", you shake your head, water flicking in all directions with the motion, "Did the DMB get to you?"

He rolls his shoulders as though testing them for movement, "I think so"

"And what happens to the others?", you asked again, mind focuses on only one, "To Jay?"

Heeseung's brow curves slightly before dropping, "Your mother is skilled, don't underestimate her. She'll keep them safe. But I have to get you out of here. Where's your car?", he shouts, having to yell over the downpour hammering onto the slick ocean of concrete.

You squint to see through the rain, bringing up a finger to point out the silver car sitting lonely beneath a lamp. Heeseung nods at you, and the two of you speed off once again.

You don't get far before a voice makes you stumble to a halt.

"You took your time", Dr. Kim's voice echoes through the rain as though it dances off of the droplets, reverberating through the damp with ease.

The man steps out from around your car, wiggling the tie around his neck further up his off-white shirt even though his whole grey suit is completely drenched. His black hair is slicked to his pale skin.

But his eyes manage to pierce out through the gloom like sparks from a wire, "I thought I'd try to make a good impression this time", He gestures to himself. "You are rather special, after all, Detective L/N"

Heeseung shuffles a step in front of you, his towering height almost blocking your view completely.

"What do you want?", you yell, no pretence or mask in place, "Why are you doing this!"

"Oh, Detective", Dr. Kim coos, "I want you. Well, what's inside of you, anyway"

You and Heeseung both tense as a group of milky-eyed, swollen-limbed zombies sway out from behind your car. They flank Dr. Kim, their groans vibrating through the air.

"It doesn't have to be this way", Heseung calls, "The Agency is reasonable-"

"Reasonable?", Dr. Kim sneers, "Maybe to pets like you who are kept on a short leash. But how about for those of us who want to be who we are, without the Agency putting stupid limits on our lives?" He shakes his head, "I don't think they'd like that so much"

Heeseung sighs, the good intentions slapped back in his face.

Dr. Kim's eyes sharpen, "Kill the agent. Bring me the detective"