INTRODUCTION TO THEIR UNIT

Unit Enhypen remain silent as they look over you.

Jake is sprawled over a rather fancy-looking armchair near a brass-coloured radiator; Sunghoo  is perched on a mahogany side table, only just avoiding knocking off a tassel-edged table lamp.

Heeseung is propped against the wall on the opposite side with his hands in his pockets, and Jay is inspecting you with an arched brow from his place leaning against the back of a tall-backed recliner.

"So", Jake says, a long smile beginning to form on his face, "Still so accepting of the whole vampire thing?"

Sunghoon gives a snigger of laughter at the comment.

Heeseung gives a disapproving tut, then steps towards you with a soft smile, "It gets easier."

"I just can't believe you're actually vampires", you mutter, "You all look so -"

"Attractive?", Jake chimes in.

You arch a brow, "Normal. Human"

"Oh….", he gives a disappointed frown at your answer.

"We're not so much different than humans", Heeseung says, to which Sunghoon scoffs, "Obviously there are some differences"

"Drinking blood instead of beer is quite a big one", you reply.

Jake chuckles, "Hey, I still enjoy alcohol when I can get it!"

A knock interrupts the conversation, the door creaking open to reveal a woman dressed in the same garb as the other guards you'd seen.

"Your room is ready, Detective L/N", she says, the words pronounced with an Indian accent.

You nod, more than ready for some sleep. Your mind and body are beyond exhausted, and you'd be surprised if you don't surface from bed for a week at this rate.

Moving towards the door, you glance to the side as Heeseung steps up close and holds it open for you.

"You shouldn't blame your mother for how all of this went down", he says, a concerned frown tightening his features. He obviously heard your discussion.

"She's a good agent",  he continues, "loyal to the Agency and its rules. I know her well enough to know there must have been times when it's killed her not to tell you about all of this. She loves you, very much"

"I love her too", you reply, looking towards him, "But it's still going to take time"

"Of course", Heeseung replies, "I understand. Just…give her a chance to make this up to you"

"I'll see how things go", you give a nod before leaving to follow the guard down the hall.

The guest room had been functional, if a little dreary. At least the bed had been comfortable enough.

Getting to sleep had been nearly impossible. Everything you'd learned - the idea that the world was so much bigger than you've ever known - had swirled inside your mind all night.

You'd eventually managed to get a couple hours of fitful sleep before being woken up by a guard, who told you your mombhad requested you meet her in one of the medical rooms.