ANOTHER CRIME SCENE

All of you travel to the crime scene in the centre of town separately and whatever government vehicle Unit Enhypen uses must have sped through the streets, because they arrive well before you and you didn't exactly drive slow

When you park your car near the police barrier - there are thankfully no crowds this time - and move down the alley to join the others, who are already looking over the victim. The street is so narrow, the walls looming so high, that even the remnants of morning sun can't pierce through the deep shadows.

"Poor kid", Jake says, shaking his head.

You shove your hands into your coat pockets, with your throat constricting slightly at the sight. It's a male teenager crumpled in a heap at the edge of the dank alleyway, his face hidden.

Onda, having left before you to secure the scene, approaches. "It's…", she takes a shaky breath. "It's Kim Bumsoo"

You move forwards, frowning in sympathy as she grips her notepad tightly. "I'm so sorry, Onda"

"Just find who did this, okay?", she asks, glancing up to stare at you. Her eyes shine with unshed tears.

You give a nod, trying to smile through your uncertainty, "What details do we have?"

She glances at her notepad, "Nothing much. A road cleaner spotted him early this morning", she takes a shuddering breath, "the forensic team won't be here for a while, since they have to travel back from the city"

And with one last look at Bumsoo, she turns slowly and slouches away.

Jake follows Onda retreat with a cocked eyebrow, "Quite the woman, that one:

Heeseung swipes him round the back of the head, "You're standing at a murder scene. Show some respect"

"We haven't had a murder in Ulsan for decades, and now we have two?", you ask the question more to yourself than the others.

"I guess my hopes that the killer skipped town are now thoroughly crushed."

"Looks that way", Jake replies, suddenly glancing at you with a smile, "But on the bright side, you get to hang out with us for longer"

"Are we sure it's the same killer?", Jay asks.

"Yeah, it's definitely him", Sunghoon says.

You twist around to look at him. "What? How can you know that?"

His lips sharpen into a long smirk, reminding you too much of a wolf to be comfortable. You shift on the spot to avoid taking an instinctive step back, "A hunch?" he offers.

You ignore the statement, all of us once again returning our attention to the boy folded into one corner. His black coat is bunched up around his neck.

"The killer must have used the collar of his coat to drag him down here", you suggest, seeing a fabric is pulled out of shape.

You crouch down to study it closer and nose wrinkling at the putrid smell of trash from the overflowing bins only a few feet away. Using a pen, you lean forwards to push the collar out of the way a little, the material stiff against your attempts.