TWO REALIZATIONS

It's nice to be home for the weekend. It's a much-needed break after everything that's been going on, even if you are still on call. Unfortunately, having Unit Enhypen still pacing around your apartment like guards atop a fortress wall doesn't exactly make it easy to relax.

"Something wrong?", Mom asks. She straightens out your duvet and takes a seat on the bed.

Rain beats hard against your bedroom windows. The droplets are so thick they blur the outside world like some kind of dream.

"No", you reply, tearing your focus away from the window and looking to her, "Though I am wondering what you're doing here? Seems unlikely it's just a social call"

She frowns slightly at your words, "Actually, I am just here to see you. To check on how you're doing"

"How I'm doing?", you walk across your room towards her.

"You've had a lot to handle lately", she says, voice soothing and soft. "We're all concerned about how you're doing now"

"I'm worried for the town", you rub a hands over your eyes and sigh, "Dr. Kim has no trouble hurting others to get what he wants. The idea that he might use other people to get to me makes me sick"

"You are a good person to think of others before yourself," she says suddenly. She gets up to leave, moving towards the doorway before pausing. Her head hangs slightly; she suddenly leans against the doorway with an uncertain weight on her shoulders, "You are my daughter, and I love you. If anything happened…"

Her words fall into a choked stop, the emotion unexpected for you both. She quickly shakes her head and turns back for the door.

Watching her leave, pain streaks across your chest. You spring from the bed and rush towards her.

"What on -", she begins. Then her voice catches as your arms embrace her.

She turns slowly around in your hug to face you, eyes glimmering for a moment in the rain-dampened daylight that finds it's way into the room. Then she smiles, but it's not just any smile. It's a gentle expression that has your head whirling back into your childhood.

She used to look at you that way when you were young, when something scared you or something was wrong. It was your secret smile - one she only used when she was going to make everything okay.

The sudden jolt back into your memories makes you waver slightly, and she holds you closer.

"I love you. I always will. Never forget that, Y/N," she whispers, running a gentle hand over your back.

The two of you pull away from each other, and she smiles brightly as she leaves.

The conversation replays in your head, so you move to the window and throw it open. The chill wind whips against your face, refreshing and cold: just what you needed.

Rain continues to splash against the glass, the window panes foggy from having the sudden cold against them. Droplets dribble lazily down before falling from the bottom of the frame. You watch their descent as they crash into the puddles on the street below, creating ripples in the small pools that are growing on the concrete.

You let out a half-chuckle, realising the scene is exactly like your life right now. Unit Enhypen walked into your life like a storm, and they're creating unending ripples throughout your once-peaceful life.

At least it's easier working with them now that everything is out in the open. Maybe you were gradually coming to understand it all better and to understand them better.