THE BLOOD TEST'S RESULT

Not knowing when to stop if you're authority is insulted, you step out from around your desk and plant your feet firmly on the floor

"You cannot just barrel in here and crash about town in the hopes of finding a deranged murderer hiding out there somewhere!", your voice is louder and more commanding than you expected, making even Seungmin glance up from the front desk and tense.

The arrogant leader turns slowly to face you, seeming once again more curious than angered.

Then he says, "Following my lead is the only way we'll catch the killer"

You cock a hip and place a hand on it, like a boss, "Well, obviously not, seeing as you haven't caught him yet"

You notice Jake grin in amusement behind Jay, but still try to keep your focus trained on their leader. Jay's lips tighten only a fraction of an amount, but you know you've finally pressed his buttons as much as he pushed yours

There's a heavy silence reigning over the office once again, and you're thankful when Heeseung steps into the centre of the room, like some kind of referee during a boxing match.

"We're a large group," he says, resting a hand on Jay's shoulder as though bringing him out of silent thoughts, "Certainly large enough to split our resources", he looks at you, smiling and giving a nod of encouragement, "What do you suggest we do, Detective?"

The hostility in the team leader's posture settles, reminding you of a bird calming ruffled feathers, and he spins away from you. You let out a subtle, calming breath and lean back against your desk, thinking over the options.

"I would suggest talking to our pathologist, Soobin, to see if he's found anything further after the full autopsy", you say, sitting back on the desk.

"Then I will go with you", Heeseung politely offers, "And the rest can go with Jay to -"

Jake steps forward between us. "I think it was crash about town", he says, repeating your words from earlier and gaining a stern glare from Heeseung.

As you run a hand over your hair, you sighed"That sounds like a good idea. We can all meet back here in a few hours?"

Both you and Heeseung turn to look at Jay, who remains silent for a moment before giving a stiff nod.

"A few hours then," he says, and that's it.

He strides out of your office, followed close behind by Sunghoon and Jake, looking like some strange type of entourage.

"Well, that meeting probably could have gone better…", you mutter quietly and jumped in surprise when it seems Heeseung heard what you mumbled.