EVIDENCES AND MOVES

After squeezing your car once again between two fancy, pristine, and polished sports cars, you manoeuvre yourself out of the door and slam it shut. Your car creaks at the harsh action.

Fresh air hits you and you take a gulp of it. Soon, you know you'll have to descend into the disinfectant lair of the hospital. It's spread like a flat cream monstrosity amongst a few trees that are attempting to bloom, making the building look a little less harsh against the landscape.

"Are we going to be here long?", Sunghoon asks. You whirl around to find the two vampires striding towards you. You were not sure whether to be impressed or terrified at how quickly they must have gotten here on foot.

Heeseung shakes his head, "As long as it takes to get the job done"

Sunghoon actually nods at the comment, and his shoulders slouch in resignation.

Inside, you pass through the waiting area. The receptionist barely glances up at you with an acknowledging sneer.

Both Heeseung and Sunghoon shy away from the intense fluorescent light from overhead, preferring to walk along the one wall where the light doesn't hit so much. They don't make conversation as you walk, the silence accentuated by the lack of people in the hospital except the light footsteps of a couple of nurses who pass us by.

The attention of the staff shift to your colleagues as you go, and you can't really blame them. The strikingly attractive vampires certainly stand out from the usual plain crowd of Ulsan's population.

"Here we are", you say as you reach the door to the lab. The sign still hangs askew and still says the wrong name.

"It reeks of him", Sunghoon says, nose wrinkled in disgust. His hand seems to fall instinctively to his pocket to draw out a lighter. But one disappointed look from Heeseung and he rolls his eyes and decides against it.

"Do you want to wait out here?", Heeseung asks, concern the only thing in his tone now, "It may be worse inside"

Sunghoon nods, "Thanks"

You look over at him, who hunches against a wall and looks like he's trying to avoid breathing, "Wish I could get out of work so easily…."

"Let's get inside, Detective", Heeseung says, and you note a slight hardness to his voice.

You nod and grasp the doorknob to twist it open and head inside.

Last time you'd been here, the laboratory had been spotless. Now it looks like a crash site: heaps of files strewn on the floor, half-toppled beakers spilling out bright liquid contents on counter tops, and a bottle with something unidentifiable oozing out onto the ground just before your feet.

The only things remaining untouched seem to be the machines around the edges. They're whirring gently to themselves, apparently uncaring whether anyone is around to tend them.

"It seems Dr. Kim didn't appreciate having to leave in a hurry", Heeseung comments, before beginning to tiptoe through the mess.

With the place in such a state and barely room enough for the two of you to wander about in - you wonder if you will be much help. Heeseung obviously has keener senses than you do for searching out anything useful.

You decide to stay anyway, beginning to pick your way through the mess to head towards one of the counters. A collection of beakers have been smashed, and a selection of vibrant-coloured liquids ooze out of them and drip off the sides. It's not exactly pleasant, and you don't think they'll be useful to the case, so you spin on the spot to see where to head to next.