THE SLIP UPS OF A VAMPIRE

What should have been a lovely early spring morning is dampened by a grey sky flecked with dark storm clouds, a mist of rain hangs in the air

What should have been a lovely early spring morning is dampened by a grey sky flecked with dark storm clouds, a mist of rain hangs in the air. The sun seems to be trying its best, but its morning rays barely make it past the barrier of cloud.

You shake yourself off as you step inside the station, the moisture sinking into your coat. 

At least being detective can allow you wear whatever you want than to being a cop.

Wearing what you like is certainly a major perk of the job, though mostly you wear something, usually  a figure-hugging pencil skirt and a shirt, finishing off the outfit with a good amount of jewellery.

It's professional, but it's also something that's going to turn heads.

You yank off your coat and head to your office, being the first one in as usual.

Or at least, so you thought. You made a pause in the doorway to find Unit Enhypen already gathered inside, strewn about the room in the same positions they'd taken up the day before.

Heeseung  smiles in greeting as you enter, "Good morning, Detective"

You hang up your coat and head towards the desk, "I'm glad to see you're all as eager as I am to solve this case"

"Eager's rather a strong word", Jake says from the chair beside your desk.

"Then why else would you be in so early?"

He shrugs and then grins broadly. "Let's just say, we don't sleep much"

Heeseung lets out a heavy sigh in the chair next to him.

Ignoring the banter, you take your seat, "Did you find anything at the warehouse?"

Heeseung shifts forward in his seat and replies, "Well, we thought -"

"No", Jay's strong reply cuts through whatever Heeseung had been about to say. His head whips around to face his leader, a frown creasing his dark brows together.

You watch the odd, silent exchange pass between the pair. Uncertainty tugs at you, the question was not exactly hard to answer.

Then your attention flickers to Jake, noticing the gleeful smile quivering at the corners of his lips as he watches his colleagues glare at each other.

You only return your focus to them when Heeseung turns away from Jay and sinks deeper into his seat,

"As Jay said, we didn't find anything"