VISIT OF THE VAMPIRES

The rest of the day is spent getting back on top of work. Even if not much happens in Ulsan, it seems that the paperwork creates piles on your desk out of nowhere.

Unit Enhypen had headed out to help the other agents pack up everything from Dr. Kim's lab, and it's not until you were just thinking about leaving that they return.

"Ready to head home?", Heeseung asks as he strides through the doorway, ducking a little to avoid hitting his head on the top of the door frame.

"Yeah, just about", you reply, slamming shut the drawer to your desk where you'd hidden some of your memos.

They're mostly from the mayor wanting an update on the case - something that can wait until you're more settled tomorrow and have actually thought of what to say.

Jake bustles past Heeseung and smiles, "Hope you've got enough room for all of us"

You try to stifle a groan, remembering you'd agreed to the vampires playing guard over you at home as well. To be fair, you'd been pretty out of it on pain medication for your head wound at the time, and your mom was obviously keen to take advantage of that.

"Room is kind of at a premium in my place", you admit, standing from your place to begin packing up your things, "So you're just going to have to cope with what there is"

"I'm sure we'll manage", Heeseung replies with a warm smile, "Most of us have coped with much worse"

Sunghoon scoffs at that.

The computer hushes its loud droning as you turn it off, and you make to grab your jacket, "Glad to hear it. Ready to go?"

They all nod, and all of you make to leave. Passing the front desk, you nod a goodbye to the night shift volunteer, who returns the gesture. Then the group  head outside, where the sun guides your way in a cocktail palette of pinks and yellows.

You walk up the stairs, followed by the imposing team of Unit Enhypen. It's nice to be coming home.

The apartment block is comfortably quiet, compared to the stark quiet of the facility. Birds chirp outside, their songs whistling in through the windows which line the stairwell, and the evening sun glitters through the recently washed glass.

The gentle thumps of people moving in their apartments is an odd comfort too. The lazy sound of music pervades into the hallway from one of my neighbour's rooms.

You draw to a stop outside your door, your key already in hand. Pushing it into the lock and turning it, you can't help a strange sensation washing over you. This apartment is part of your world.

Inviting these four vampires in will be like the supernatural finally invading the last space of normality that you have left.

You shake the feeling away, realising that now you know the truth, it's unlikely you'll ever be able to keep the supernatural fully out of your life.

"Here we are", you say as you unlock the door, letting it swing open to reveal your small apartment inside.

Jake steps up beside you, his gaze casting over the space like a health inspector over a restaurant. "Jeez, I'd think you were the vampire, with how dark it is in here!"

You roll your eyes, "It suits my tastes"

"Do those tastes ever include light? Or maybe a bit of colour?", Jake scoffs.