FIGHTING ZOMBIES

The first thing your body did is for your heart to sink down your stomach as Sunghoon charges forward to clash with the attacker. A crack snaps through the darkness as the two begin to scuffle, their fight forcing them into the alleyway.

You don't get a chance to find your voice before the rest of Unit Enhypen wade forward to tackle the other assailants.

A hundred questions flash into your mind like bullets ricocheting off metal. Who are they? What's a thrall? Why are they attacking us? Do Unit Enhypen know who they are?

What is happening?

The thoughts burst away as a familiar voice sounds from behind you, "Detective?"

Spinning on the spot and feeling like your alcohol-sloshed brain continues all the way around - you find Seungmin standing and staring wide-eyed at the fight raging behind me. His phone is gripped tightly in his hand, the screen illuminating the fear on his stiff face.

From the rosy glow on his pale cheeks, you're guessing he's been out at the bar too. It's not a good night for hanging out with friends, apparently.

A groan makes you both look sideways.

Another figure stumbles out of the alley.

"Bring Y/N. Not kill. Bring Y/N. Not kill", the man repeats the words over and over. A shiver courses down your spine as you hear them.

"Uh, Detective?", Seungmin asks again, his feet shuffling back but not making much movement.

The man lumbers to a stop, flicking his milky gaze between Seungmin and you, "Kill witnesses"

It causes for your blood to turns to ice as the man swings around, arms flailing, and rushes at Seungmin.

Adrenaline shoots into your system and you react before even thinking, your combat training kicking in instinctively. Sprinting towards the man, you barrel into the side of him.

The force sends him toppling to one side, but the unexpected strength of the man also has you stumbling as well. Both of your bodies crash to the ground, your palms scratching against the stone path, adding more injuries to your already-wounded hand.

Biting back the pain, you try to force yourself back onto your feet, "Run, Seungmin!"

The boy doesn't wait for you to tell him twice, turning on his heel and sprinting away. A ragged sob echoes as he goes.

The members of Unit Enhypen seem to be holding their ground against the groaning, zombie-like assailants. A surge of confidence bursts through you at that, and you turn back to the man who'd gone after Seungmin. Then you catch your breath - he's right before you!

Before you can even call out, the man's hand wraps around your throat, his swollen fingers like an iron vice. You gasp against the grip as you're lifted from your feet with ease. Then the man slams you back against the wall as though you weigh little more than a rag doll.

You grimace as the force explodes against your back.

"Not kill", the man chants, though it doesn't seem to do much to loosen his grasp.

You claw against his hand, realising it's doing little good. Blackness blurs at the edge of your vision, and you know you're going to have to do something quickly before you pass out.

Wincing at the pain streaking through your head and fighting against the lack of oxygen, you just about manage to raise your hand.