QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Whether it's afternoon or evening, you can't tell. The apocalypse could have happened, and you don't think you would've felt the slightest shudder down here.

As you stride down the hallway, more confident in your way after a few days, you pass by one of the many agents who work here. They give a smile of greeting as they pass before glancing down at a small pad in their hands. Clawed hands. Talons curl out of their fingertips, clasping at the edges of the paper, and you're surprised they can hold it without shredding it.

It's certainly not the weirdest thing you've seen while you've been down here.

The initial shock and surprise had worn off some time ago, but it's still not something that can just pass you by without notice. This world…it's a lot to take in.

You'd been pretty accepting of it all from the start. Sure, hearing that supernatural creatures are secretly working to protect humans and others isn't something you ever expect to hear. It had been pretty cool to find out though!

But now, after having a while to let it sink in and become truly real, the best way to deal with overwhelming informationand the feelings it draws from you is to bottle it up.

Bottle it all up nice and tight, and force it to the back of your mind. At least it helps you think clearly.

So yeah, it might not be so great for stress. But for now, it works!

Shaking the thought away, you reach out to push open the door to the common room. Once again, the intense, rich, scent of frankincense is the first thing to greet you. The aroma is so strange after the lack of natural scents in the rest of the facility.

Unit Enhypen and your mother are already waiting inside, the team strewn about the room in the usual way while mom stands to one side. A sudden silence descends over them all as you enter; a gold-trimmed clock clunking the time on the far wall is the only thing to make noise.

"You wanted to see me?", you say, stepping further inside. The warmth and cosiness in the common room is such a bizarre shift from the rest of the facility. It's hard not to feel like you're shutting out another world as you close the door.

Mom smiles, "We've received some of the results of your tests from the science team"

Your eyes widen, "That was fast"

"The Agency is nothing but efficient", Heeseung says, his tone light.

"So", you begin, leaning against a corner table, the antique-looking table lamp wobbling slightly as you do, "What weird and wonderful things did they find?"

Jake barks out a laugh while Jay shakes his head, apparently not approving of how you phrased the question.

Your mother holds a file in her hand but doesn't need to look at it as she begins to speak, "As we suspected, the mutation in your blood means that a vampire's pheromones will have no use against you"

You give a nod.

"It's a good thing to have confirmed. But it's what else they discovered that has us all reeling"

The team lean a little closer, their attentions caught.

She smiles, "It seems your blood doesn't just stop the pheromone abilities of vampires, but that type of power from all supernatural creatures"

You frown, "What does that mean?"

"Many supernaturals have mind-altering or pheromone-type abilities of some kind", Heeseung explains, still obviously surprised at this information, "Sirens with their voices, for example."