INVITATION TO THE AGENCY

"Y/N!", the sudden shout of a voice shocks the team back from their silent thoughts.

Jay turns on the spot to watch as Agent L/N clambers out of a large SUV. She sprints towards where the medics are wheeling the still-unconscious detective towards a medical vehicle.

She barely manages to stumble to a stop, hands falling on her daughter with a desperate cry. The rain seems to respect the moment, slowing to a gentle drizzle. Moonlight makes each droplet sparkle in the deep night's darkness.

The medics pass glances at one another, obviously needing to get the detective into the vehicle but not willing to speak to someone of such authority.

Jay sucks in a breath and moves forward, "Agent L/N," he calls as he approaches.

Her head whips around to stare narrow-eyed at him, "You were supposed to protect her!"

"She tried to save us!", Jake says, the rest of the team stepping closer as well.

"What?", she asks, obviously not noticing the tears leaving wet trails down her cheeks.

"It's true", Heeseung adds, "Y/N risked herself for us. It may not have gone as she planned, but she gave everything she could for this team"

The anger falls from Agent L/N's expression, replaced only by worry. She stares back down at the detective, taking her daughter's hand in her shaking one.

Jay looks over towards Heeseung, who gives a slight nod of understanding.

Stepping up beside the detective's mother, he places an arm around her shoulders, "They need to get Y/N to the facility. They can help her there"

It takes a moment, but finally she lets the detective's hand fall free and moves away, guided by Heeseung. They all watch in sombre silence as Y/N is wheeled away and settled into the vehicle.

The doors click shut, and Jay purses his lips.

When the vehicle has disappeared into the thick of trees that surround the warehouse, Agent L/N swipes a sleeve over her eyes and turns to the group. Professionalism is the only thing remaining on her face, "Where's Dr. Kim?"

"Gone", Sunghoon says, "He took off when he heard the Agency sirens"

A sneer pulls at agent's expression. "What!", she swallows hard to calm the outburst, "Did he…succeed in what he wanted?"

Jay gives a stiff nod.

She frowns deeply, "I see. And do you know what he did? What he's done?"

"Y/N's blood has been altered", Heeseung explains, "We found a makeshift lab and blood transfusion equipment. But L/N…whatever he's done, when he managed to get some of that blood in him -"

"He was near on unstoppable", Sunghoon interrupts.

Agent L/N meets Jay's eye, a silent, tense exchange passing through the air.

"At least our detective will be safe for no", Jake chimes in with a pleased grin,b"I doubt Dr. Kim will try and get at her again any time soon, right?"

Agent L/N tenses, "Let's hope so" And then she moves away towards the group of agents gathered around Agency vehicles.

"What does she mean by that?", Jake asks, grin faltering.

Jay doesn't reply, but he knows exactly why the agent is so worried.

With the detective's blood altered and with what it did to Dr. Kim, he won't be the only who wants it.

"Ugh….", you push your spoon around the dish of unrecognisable brown mush and you think it's possibly casserole. The meal is growing unappealing after five days of the same thing. It seems to be all they serve in the Agency's facility.