BAR HOPPING

When you arrive back at the station, it's far later than yo had expected. The afternoon sun has lost its warmth, the bright rays already starting to dip below the horizon of trees.

Chucking your coat and things inside, you're half-surprised to find your office empty. Unit Enhypen have obviously already headed home for the day. With a shrug, you head towards the basement, knowing Soobin will be keen for the results.

Pushing open the doors, you step inside the bleak lab. A shudder runs through you at the reminder of what just happened at the hospital.

Soobin sits with his back to you, hunched over his desk and staring with full concentration through a microscope. Apparently not even the sound of the doors can distract him from his work.

You smile at the sight. He's always been a hard worker, right from the moment he stepped inside the station after transferring in from the city a few months ago. The man had barely gotten through introductions before he was marching towards his new lab to handle the backlog.

It was obvious he was probably the most intelligent guy in the station, and usually that also comes with a big ego. But after investigating him a little further, you found out just what a nice guy he actually is, with barely any ego at all. As much as he deserves one with what he can do!

It's strange to think back on a time when he wasn't around. Your smile widens as you shake the memory away.

With the results gripped in your hands, you move towards the pathologist. He's still huddled over the microscope.

You step forward, slapping the paper down on the desk beside him, "I come bearing gifts"

His focus shifts to the papers, "Excellent!", he then swings around to face you, blinking rapidly, "Sorry, I've been staring down that microscope too long. The world's gone fuzzy"

You give a chuckle, but his attention doesn't remain on the papers long as he catches sight of your badly handkerchief-bandaged hand.

"What happened?", he throws down the file, stepping closer and reaching out to examine your injury. Thankfully, the bleeding stopped some time ago.

You let him tug away the handkerchief gently, "The idiot blood tech at the hospital tripped and fell onto me. I managed to cut myself to avoid falling over completely"

Soobin frowns, "It looks worse than it is", he glances up with a warm smile, "Come on, I'll clean it up and wrap it for you."

You return the smile, giving a nod of gratitude and following him over to the first aid kit on the other side of the room. Whatever treatment he can offer will probably be much better than your attempt at bandaging it.

A few hours later, you lean back in your chair and let out a long sigh, folding your hands behind your head. After stretching out your aching limbs - gained from hours of sitting in a half-dilapidated office chair - you reach to take a sip of your drink - only to find stale dregs meeting your lips.

You grimace, slamming the cup back down.