We Got This

A/N: So...been a while hasn't it?

This is going to be a shorter chapter than usual, only around 6k or so words. Baby steps, people. Baby steps. I just needed to remind you all that this story wasn’t dead in the water, simply floating with the current.

Honestly, with how writing this played out, where I ended it was where I wanted to end it. I didn’t want to talk about the Cultural Festival just yet, and this is about as far as I can go without doing so.

But, anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Don’t expect constant updates again (when have I ever constantly updated), especially since I’m back at college and my freetime is me procrastinating to pretend that I have freetime.

(Later That Night: Eri’s Room)

Izuku peeked an eye open, very slowly lifting his face up from the wooden floor. The only source of light in the room was the bathroom light, which was left on much to the insistence of Eri. Nightlights were now on their list of items to buy later. Moving his gaze over to Eri, Izuku found her completely down for the count. 

She seemed to be sleeping soundly, with zero signs of discomfort or of a nightmare. It was his chance to get back to his bed. The floor was killing him. He had tried sleeping on blankets and pillows, but nothing worked. 

When he told Momo that he thought he wouldn’t be able to sleep anywhere else but in her bed, he was joking...Or, at least he thought he was. It was becoming increasingly apparent that he was dead serious. 

Slowly easing his way up off the floor, Izuku carefully backed his way towards the door, slipping out into the hallway silently. Sighing in relief, Izuku walked over to Momo’s door and headed inside.

Momo lifted her head from her pillow, raising a brow as Izuku slowly walked his way into the room. “Are you alright?”

Izuku groaned, crawling into bed with a crack of his spine. “Sleeping on the floor killed my back...again, but worse this time.”  He sighed, easing onto his back. Momo pulled the covers out from underneath his body, and threw them over him. “Thanks.”

Momo kissed his forehead, “I told you I could do it tonight.”

“No, i-it’s fine. I don’t want you to hurt yourself.”

Shaking her head, Momo sighed, “Well, you think I want you to hurt yourself?”

“Well, this is me we’re talking about.”

Momo blew a raspberry, “I fear she sadly would much prefer you over me being there.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s nothing. I just know how slow this process is going to be.”

Izuku shook his head with a frown, “She likes you, Momo. There’s no doubt about that.”

“I know, but there’s definitely still a line drawn in the sand of where I stand.”