Headshot

A/N: Some of you are going to be pissed. But I HAVE MY REASONS!!!

And sorry for the wait. I wrote a second chapter to An Insecure Violet and another to the MizuTori week prompts. After that gauntlet of writing I took a few days off.

(Hours Earlier)

“Are you sure you guys don’t want some?” Fatgum walked through the city streets with his apprentices, slurping ramen out of a 10 gallon bucket. 

Kirishima and Momo both politely declined while Tamaki was silent. Momo shook her head, “I understand that eating is a large part of your quirk, but aren’t you worried about your health?”

“Nah, my quirk protects me from most bad side effects from fats...mostly.” He pulled an insulin shot out from his pocket and jammed it into his arm, pushing down the plunger. Ejirou and Momo looked at one another in shock.

Kirishima shook himself out of his stupor and changed the subject, “So, Midoriya is really tracking down a Yakuza boss? And he has to save his abused daughter? That’s nuts.”

Momo couldn’t help but chuckle, “Izuku always manages to get into the oddest situations. I guess if it was action and experience he was looking for, he got it.”

“We’ve only had one full day of these internships, and now everything’s already gone insane. We went on patrol and found no one. I hope we get to try our hands at some bad guys too.”

Tamaki looked down, “You guys are so tenacious. I wish Mirio was here. He would know how to handle your energy.”

Fatgum slurped another long strand of noodles and looked over his shoulder at Amajiki. “You’ll have that much energy whenever we fix that psyche of yours.” Ejirou and Momo both watched as Tamaki clutched his chest in sorrow. 

“You’re not helping,” He said with a wobbly voice. “Why do you always have to hurt me like this?”

Kirishima chuckled, “I’m pretty sure that’s just his way of encouraging you.”

“But, no matter how much he tries, I'll never be as cheery and positive as Mirio.”

“I know how you feel. There’s been a lot of times this year where I felt useless. Whenever things get bad, I feel like I can never do anything. At least, not anything of use. Hell, Yaoyorozu here has gotten my ass out of a lot this year. Academically and in the field. Like at Kamin-” Momo quickly put a finger over her mouth. “Uuuuh this one place. She managed to get everyone out of an extremely dangerous situation. I guess I just feel like I’m not a whole lot compared to everyone else. I’m being left in the dust. S’why I wanna learn a lot from this work-study. I need to close that gap and prove that I still have what it takes to stand alongside my friends and be a man.”

Momo looked at the two boys and shared her story. “When I lost so quickly against Tokoyami in the Sports Festival, it hurt. I felt like I was so worthless and that I didn’t deserve to be at U.A. I lost all confidence in myself. But, along came Izuku. He looked like a nervous wre-...Okay, even more of a nervous wreck. He cheered me up and tried to show me the good things about myself. My self-confidence was still at an all time low, but I was able to improve myself and feel like I actually belonged with Izuku’s help. Even after all of that, he and I haven’t been apart for anything since then. I was offered to go to his agency with him, but I want to see if I’ve actually managed to have gotten better and haven’t been using Izuku’s presence as a crutch of some kind."

Tamaki shook his head, "How are you first years so spirited?"

Kirishima nodded at Momo, "Ah, so that's how you two started up. I never actually knew what happened with you two. One day you guys were suddenly all over each other, and the class just kinda rolled with it. I'm not even going to bring up Jirou and Uraraka. I have no idea how that happened, and I'm not going to try to figure it out. I'll accept anything as long as Mineta doesn't get a harem."