Step 1

'I immediately regret those promises!'

Izuku was already down three fingers, and that was not even counting the two that were still healing from his fight with Shinsou. He didn't even mean to break them. When Todoroki shot out his ice as soon as Midnight started the fight, instinct took over his mind and before he knew it, his pointer finger was down for the count.

He had to repeat it a second and third time immediately afterwards. He only had a few seconds before Todoroki recovered from his wind attack. At this rate, he wouldn't be able to keep a single promise.

This definitely wasn't his best performance, so All Might would be disappointed. He wouldn't be able to get through to Todoroki this way. And he CERTAINLY wasn't keeping his promises to Yaoyorozu. He had already broken two fingers, and if he kept it up he wouldn't win.

Izuku had come out of the waiting room with a three step plan. Step 1: Figure out how to not hurt himself. Step 2: Get Todoroki to use his flames, saving him from himself. Finally, Step 3: Win. Simple, right? Except his hyper-analytical brain forgot one small detail. How the HELL was he supposed to start step one!?

He needed a new plan. And he needed it now. He owed it to too many people. 'Come on! I just need to think! I can't keep this up!'

He could see Todoroki begin to recover on the other side of the arena. Midoriya looked up into the stands and could see Yaoyorozu. Complete worry and fear were etched into her face. He was letting her down. He needed to do something. His speech to her would feel meaningless if he told her all about doing her best, but then was utterly slaughtered by Todoroki.

Near her was Kacchan, looking almost disgusted at Midoriya's performance. For Midoriya showing such power, or for such a terrible strategy, he couldn't tell. It was probably both.

'Of course, Kacchan would look at me like that. All he would have to do is blast the ice away, like how he fought against Uraraka...Just like I'm doing right now against Todoroki. Which clearly isn't working. I need the exact opposite. Which would be-'

His eyes moved over and down the rows to Uraraka and Iida, also looking concerned. 'Running. Uraraka charged right into Kacchan, and even though she was wearing herself down with every hit, that kind of pressure is exactly what I need on Todoroki.'

Izuku then focused in on Iida. 'I also need that kind of speed to avoid the ice! it spreads way to fast and wide to dodge normally. Besides my legs will just break if I put my power into them! I can't...wait a minute. Legs.'

("As you are now, your body can handle about 5 percent.")

("Maybe, don't shove all of your power into your arms-")

"I HAVE LEGS!"

Midoriya's scream echoed throughout the entire stadium. Everyone went dead quiet after hearing that. The only thing that was heard was All Might face palming.

Todoroki hesitated for a second, but regained his composure and took Midoriya's sudden... realization...to his advantage. He slammed his foot down and sent out an ice attack big enough to stop a Semi Truck. Everyone watched the ice encapsulate Midoriya. Unlike Sero, they could not see him. He was completely covered.

Silence rang throughout the stadium once more. Class 1-A was looking on in horror. Yaoyorozu had both hands over her mouth and was wide eyed. The only one to speak was Bakugou. "Welp, he's dead."

Todoroki turned to Midnight. "Shouldn't you be saying something?"

Midnight shook out of her stupor, "Oh, yes. Izuku Midoriya is unable to continue. Todoroki is the wi-"

*THUMP*

All eyes turned back to the glacier that was Midoriya.

*THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP*

Each hit of the ice showed more and more cracking.

*THUMP*

The knocking suddenly stopped. Everyone had assumed it was Midoriya's last ditch effort to break free before being declared the loser. It seemed he had finally accepted his f-

*CRASH*

"SMAAAAAASH!

Midoriya flew right out of the miniature iceberg and dropped kicked Todoroki in the face, breaking the ice, and soon Fire User's nose in the process.

Todoroki was shot back, only barely stopping himself with ice before falling out of the ring. Looking up, there was Midoriya in the middle of the ring. Red, vein-like lightning was crackling through his legs. Everything was quiet until Yaoyorozua All Might shot out of their seat stands. Toshinori popped right into his buff form, raising both arms high. Both simultaneously shouted, "YES!"

The crowd followed their example and went berserk, thrilled by the turn around. Midoriya could barely hear himself think. Yaoyorozu heard a giggle behind her turned around. Mina was smirking at her with an eyebrow raised. "You're pretty pumped up for Midoriya right now Yaomomo."

Momo blushed, cleared her throat and sat back down, not dignifying Mina's teasing with a response.

Back down on the field, Midoriya looked down at his legs. 'I can handle 5% of my power, and I don't need just my arms for this fight. I'll put 5% of power into each leg. I can switch in between my arms and legs, only using full power as a last resort. And with that iceberg in the ring, the space has lessened, allowing me to keep the pressure on easier. All Might, Uraraka, Iida,... Yaoyorozu. I wouldn't have been able to figure this out without any of you...Thank you. I won't let any of you down.'

Midoriya looked up into the crowd at Momo, smiled, and gave a thumbs up.

Step 1: COMPLETE