Ghosts Can Cry Too

A/N: This delves into the Shimura family backstory. Some of you may wonder why I'm doing it now. I have my reasons.

Also, who else thinks that Chapter 19 is my worse chapter.

Also, Horikoshi draws Nana so beautifully every time that I'm a firm believer that the anime will never do her justice. Not that it does most of his artwork true justice.

"What do you mean we're doing nothing!?"

"We can't act now. We need to regroup and make a plan."

Izuku stood in a stupor at Nighteye's words as rain began to pour down upon the city.  "But, he has a little girl! And he-mmph!" Sir's hand slapped over Izuku's mouth, and the former sidekick leaned in closely. 

"You seem to have forgotten that we're out in public." Nighteye motioned to the citizens walking around. He leaned closer and whispered to Izuku, "There are too many unknowns still, and we can't face Chisaki on our own. Trust me when I tell you that if you fought him, you would lose. No, not just lose. You would be killed, immediately. Do you understand? You’re lucky Togata was there to keep the situation under control, or else you likely wouldn’t be here right now with that arrogance of yours.”

“Arrogance!?”

“Yes, arrogance. You might’ve taken down a few villains, you might be strong, whatever. You can’t beat him. Not alone.”

Izuku was beginning to grow angrier. His newfound temper was being pushed on by the cold sidekick. “I wasn’t alone. That little girl was scared, hurt in every shape and form, and you would really just do nothing if you were there?”

“Yes. Tell me, how exactly would it look if you attacked a man with zero evidence of criminal activity. You would have attacked him based on a hunch, making you the bad guy. And what if you just took her and ran? So you’re a kidnapper now?”

“But he-”

“Whether or not he is hurting her, you can’t just take someone’s child no matter who they are. All Might has told me about all of your past confrontations with villains. You might’ve gotten off scot free before, but there are still consequences.”

Izuku’s face came together into one of pure anger. Nighteye was seriously beginning to piss him off. He had already been angry when they first met, but that drew the line. “Just because-!”

“We understand Sir.” Mirio gripped Izuku’s shoulder, stopping him from talking any further. “We’ll await your orders.” Izuku looked up at Mirio and saw his face holding a bright smile but...his eyes were sad.

Nighteye nodded and turned around. “Let’s head back. I have a lot of calls to make. And Midoriya…” Mirai sighed and looked back to Izuku. “That tracker...You saved us a lot of time. We’ll know her exact location as soon as tomorrow if your girlfriend comes through. I know it’s hard to leave someone behind. All Might never leaves anyone behind. But we need help. And thanks to you, that little girl will be out of harm’s way in no time. We’ll save her much sooner because of you. Be proud of that.” He turned away and started walking. “You’re quick on your feet, like a hero should be.”