What Is The Matter With Everyone?

A/N:Yeeeaaah Todoroki and Inasa's feud is mostly off screen. I just couldn't find a way to make it different or more interesting. It just didn't matter in the long run.

Toshinori gazed into the mirror at himself. For the first time in nearly 25 years, being in his hero costume felt odd. It was also the first time in years he had been out of costume for more than a week. He hadn't worn one his outfits since Kamino. As he looked at himself in his silver age costume, not being able to fill it out anymore, it was weird.

...But, also satisfying. 

Retirement was a strange ordeal. Toshi couldn't help but miss the feeling of soaring through the air just by jumping, or being able to lift a skyscraper on his back. 

*Puff*

He popped into his buff form and looked at himself, holding onto it as long as he could. He locked onto his shadowed face.

This was his life. 

All Might used to be his life.

There was no slowing down, no breaks. It was all he ever knew. From the age of 15 when he chose his hero name, it was the name he knew himself as. 

*Pop*

He shrunk back down and looked at himself once more. But now, after all this time, he was Toshinori Yagi: The Retired Pro. And he liked it.

He used to dread the idea of retirement. 

But now, it was one of the happiest phases of his life. For starters, he didn't have to run out the door at any given emergency anymore, and not living alone anymore was a definite plus. He could now, and does, have a romantic life. And he could have a family.

There was never a rule or anything against a hero having a family, it was simply far more difficult to have one. All Might was gone, and Toshinori remained. And he was perfectly happy with that.

Toshinori opened up the door to the bathroom and walked into the kitchen. Inko sat on the couch watching the news. She heard Toshinori and turned her head to greet him, but saw him in his costume. "Oh! Well that's new...Wait. Does it count as role-play since you're actually All Might?"

"Wh-? I-? That's not why I'm dressed in this!"

"Oh, sorry."

"...You really have a secretly sexual mind."

"It's been 16 years since I've had a relationship. Give me at least a little bit of a break.

Toshinori raised his hands in defeat, "Fair enough. But, I have a...meeting to attend, and it feels more appropriate to wear this. It's at Tartarus."

Inko's eyes widened, "Tartarus? Are you sure that's a good idea? You're the one that put half of its population in there. What if they all go haywire when they see you?"

Toshinori smiled and leaned over the back of the couch to give Inko a kiss. "I'll be just fine. No one's ever escaped Tartarus before, and that's not going to change now."

"But what about the villain from Kamino?"

"That's... actually who I'm going to see."