The Raid (Part One)

A/N: Sorry about that wait. I got really busy as I am an essential worker, so I was still at my job during the crisis. But, due to the virus they're allowing anyone time off for Self Quarantine. So I'm off for now. Also my power went out due to a nasty storm, so they set me back a bit. But, I'm here now for the raid to begin.

Quick side note, to any of you MomoJirou shippers out there (Me included) Anyone else notice how Kyouka's mom (Mika) is literally just a mix of Kyouka and Momo?

(The Day Before the Raid)

Sir Nighteye sat at his bathroom sink brushing his teeth. The raid was coming at a blinding speed and the weight of the situation kept increasing as it approached. Midoriya's words from the previous day were still running through his head. Mirai simply couldn't tell if Izuku's adamance that he could change the future was true belief or strong stubbornness.

Perhaps both.

But, to be so determined and strong-willed to be able to pull through fights and hard struggles vastly differed from defying fate itself. One simply cannot do that. The will of the universe was simply undefiable.

Although...he didn't exactly know that. He was just pretty sure. But, "pretty sure" also meant "could possibly be proven wrong". Perhaps it was time to take the benefit of the doubt. Mirai shook his head as he rinsed off his toothbrush, placing a hand on each side of the sink. Sometimes he felt his power was a curse. It was great for knowledge of a certain category, but it horrified him the rest of the time.

Watching people die...

Watching a future he can't do anything about...

What was the point of seeing the future if he couldn't do anything to change it? What was the point of having knowledge that he couldn't share with anyone without hurting them? Sir sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had spent so long admiring All Might and yet it seemed that Izuku picked up on something that he hadn't.

Sir had no hope.

To him, everything was so logical. Something that his parents had burned into his brain. Hope was something that destroyed all points in logic. Sir saw a future and thought there was no way to change it. All Might and Izuku see a future, and they have faith in themselves and the ones around them to be able to defy fate. No matter the struggles, they always had the strength to look towards a bright light and see a better tomorrow.

It was a philosophy that Sir thought was important, but he left the job to All Might.

Maybe it was time to face down probability with will.

Mirai slowly removed his glasses, placing them down on the edge of the sink. He took a deep breath, and looked at himself in the mirror. He made eye contact with his reflection, his irises shifting and changing color as his quirk activated. After a minute, Mirai let out the breath he had been holding and back away from the mirror.

"Hmm...I guess we'll see about that."

...

(The Day of the Raid)

Izuku looked down at his costume inside of its metal case and took a deep breath. The time for the raid had come. He was a mix of nervous and determined.

...Kinda like most of the time.

Momo walked into the bedroom carrying her case. "...Ready?"

Izuku closed the metal suitcase holding his costume and turned to Momo. "Ready." He stood up and the two made it down the stairs and to the command area where Ejirou, Ochako, Tsu, and Kyouka were waiting for them. The Big Three had already left for the Nighteye Agency, which left the first years behind.