Chapter Ten : The Confession

Megan went to work the next day, still with shame and guilt heavy on her soul. She tried to throw herself into her work but it was hard to not think about Charlie. She made Megan feel a way that no woman had. Megan sighed and continued running the ice cream cart. Her hands were freezing as she stocked the cooler with ice cream. She swore under breath at herself for not remembering to bring gloves. She stood on her tip toes to put a bucket of ice cream on the top shelf.

"Need some help?" Came a voice she recognized.

She jumped, causing the ice cream to slip. She closed her eyes as she prepared for it to fall on her face but it didn't happen. Lucas was now standing behind her, his front pressed against her back. He had caught the ice cream bucket and put it on the top shelf. Megan turned around to face him. She muttered a thank you and looked around for Charlie. He was alone. Charlie had told Lucas that they should give Megan some space, clearly he didn't listen.

"Why'd you run last night?" He asked with a frown.

Megan broke down in tears and kept her head down, unable to keep in the self hate.

"Woah woah, what's wrong sweetheart?" He asked, stooping down a little to look at her face, worry evident on his features.

"I... she..." she started between sobs, how was she supposed to tell him that his wife who he clearly adored cheated on him?!

"Deep breaths. Deep breaths," he told her, very confused.

She did as he said and after a few moments she could speak without sobbing.

"That woman you were with...?" She started.

"Her name's Charlie. I guess we never did introduce ourselves, I apologize. My name is Lucas Saddler," he said with a gentle smile.

HE was apologizing to HER? That made her break down even more. Here he was apologizing to her and she was the one who helped his wife cheat.

"I... last night... your wife cheated on you," she whispered through sniffles.

"What do you mean? How?" He asked, he was amused, she probably meant when they were watching the lesson.

"She... kissed my neck..." she said quietly, not wanting to have to tell him everything.

"Is that all she did?" He asked, his eyes glinting with mischief.

"No... she... touched me," she sniffled with her head hung low.

He put a finger under her chin and made her look up at him. "And did you enjoy it?"

Her eyes widened. "W-what?"

"Answer the question. Did you enjoy when my wife touched you?" He asked, his face almost unreadable to Megan.

"Y-yes. I'm so sorry I shouldn't have let her," she said, her glossy eyes looking into his dark ones.

"Take my hand and show me where she touched you," he said with a smirk and offered her his hand.

"What?" Her mouth hung open.

He strokes her bottom lip with his thumb. Then took his other hand and placed it on her hip.

"Honey, I know about that," he said with a slight chuckle. "I'm ok with it. Her and I both want you. In fact, I'd like to take you on a date."