Chapter Thirty Five : The Break Ins

"Oh honey, why didn't you tell us?" Lucas asked gently.

"I just... I don't want to be a burden on anyone and I'm nothing but a burden on this day..." Megan sniffled.

"Baby, you are never a burden. Especially not to us," Charlie told her.

Just the sight of Megan so broken down made both their hearts ache. Charlie hugged Megan, along with Lucas. After several minutes of crying, Megan finally calmed down and sheepishly pulled away.

"Would you like to come back to our house?" Charlie asked with a smile.

"I still need to go to the cemetery," Megan whispered.

"Would you mind if we tagged along? We can stop and get some flowers for her," Lucas said gently.

Tears welled up in Megan's eyes. She nodded with a sad smile. Megan drove her car back to her apartment and as she waited for the Saddlers to pick her up, she looked at her messages. She nearly staggered and rushed into the lobby. There were a couple cops talking to Ashley.

"Are you ok?!" Megan shrieked, taking Ashley into her arms.

"Y-yes I'm fine," Ashley said shakily.

"What happened?" Megan asked gently as she released Ashley.

"I don't know, I came back from my date and the door to the apartment was open. The living room was trashed. I didn't go any further in case whoever did it was still in the apartment," Ashley told her quietly.

"No one else was in there, but the place was turned upside down. I would recommend staying somewhere else until you can get the locks fixed and changed on your doors. And some security cams might not be a bad idea either," one police officer told them.

Megan nodded and after a few more questions, the cops left. Megan texted Charlie and told her what had happened. Charlie and Lucas rushed into the building. The four of them went up to the apartment. The doorknob had been broken off and was now barely hanging on. The apartment was trashed, just as Ashley said. Things were broken and smashed and torn up. They found that Ashley's room was fine.

But Megan's room... it was worse than the rest of the apartment. Her clothes had all been ripped out of her closet and now were stained with urine. Her bed sheets were the same. They had torn all the pictures she had up on her walls. She quickly checked her room for her laptop only to remember it was still in Ashley's room. She sighed in relief, before noticing the word written in big red letters on the back of her door.

SLUT

~

After making sure Ashley had a place to stay, the Saddlers took Megan to their house. Only to cop cars parked in front of their house. They were talking to Carmen. Their house had been broken into as well...