Chapter Thirteen : Dreams

Lucas was sat in the back of the restaurant in a private room. Megan's heart was going a hundred miles an hour as she laid eyes on him. If she thought he looked good the day she met him, he was flawless now. He was wearing a blue suit with a white button up underneath with no tie. He had a gold watch on his left wrist. His hair was now gelled up and she could smell his aftershave as soon as she walked in the door. Not that it was overbearing, but it clouded her senses.

He looked up as the hostess brought Megan into the room. His chest swelled with the deep breath he took at the sight of her. He stood up to greet her. He took her in a hug, one hand resting on the small of her back a little closer to her butt than appropriate in public.

"You look gorgeous," he told her as he held her at arms' length to drink in her appearance.

"Thank you," she said with a shy smile. "Oh, and uh thank you for the clothes."

"Of course, and you're free to keep them," he told her as he pulled out her seat.

"I couldn't, these must have cost a fortune," she said as she sat down.

"A fortune that would be wasted if you didn't keep it. No one else would wear it," he said as he sat opposite of her.

Megan opened her mouth to speak and to refuse the dress but nothing came out. She simply closed her mouth and nodded. Lucas smiled and poured her some wine. She thanked him and started drinking. After a couple glasses she had loosened up and was now not as nervous.

"So, Megan. Are you in school or anything?" Lucas asked, hands intertwined on the table.

"Yes, I'm in college. I'm a dance major," she told him with a smile.

"Oh? And what's your dream job?" He asked with great interest.

"I want to be a ballet teacher. Open my own studio one day," she said with a light in her eyes.

"Ballet? You have to be pretty flexible for that," Lucas's eyes darkened just thinking about her ankle cuffed to the ceiling of the club with the other still on the floor.

"I know, I used to take gymnastics when I was younger and I really loved it. But my grandma used to be a ballet dancer in her early years and put me in some lessons. I enjoyed it so much and found my passion," the light in her eyes shined brightly, not catching the way Lucas fidgeted slightly in his seat.

Lucas was trying to keep from making this date sexual, if he was going to do that he would have to keep from thinking about Megan the ballerina. Stop thinking about her gymnastics. Stop thinking about how good she would look with her ankles next to his ears. Stop! Lucas thought it himself, this is going to be a long night.