Chapter Seventeen : Mystery Number

Master Lucas to Megan: Megan, please just talk to me.

Megan sighed as she put down her phone. She had been ignoring Lucas's texts for about a week and a half now. She knew that this wasn't the healthiest or most mature way to handle things but she didn't know what to say. Right now she was trying to focus on the lecture her English teacher was giving the class. The boy sitting in front of her took a picture of him with her in the background and she peered over his shoulder to see who he was sending it to. The boy sent it to his story on Snapchat, talking about how she smelled like sex all the time. Megan put her head down on the desk and willed the time to go by faster.

Megan was the first one out of the classroom once the professor dismissed them. She looked around for Ashley's car, but it wasn't there. She sighed, Ashley's class must be running late. Megan decided to walk home. She pulled her hoodie over her head to shroud her face. After she was halfway home, her phone buzzed again. Groaning and thinking it was Lucas, she opened her phone to a number she didn't know.

### to Megan: hey, have lunch with me. I'll meet you at Donnie's Diner

Megan to ###: who is this?

### to Megan: guess you'll just have to show up and find out :)

Megan sighed. Knowing her luck, her phone number had been leaked and now some random guy was texting her and going to meet up with her to murder her. Walking home, she noticed a tiny little restaurant. It was on the corner and she glanced up at the name. Donnie's Diner. Would it really hurt just to take a peek and see who's in there? She took a deep breath before crossing the street. Megan looked inside and saw no one but the staff. It wasn't quite lunch yet, so the mystery person wasn't there. She let out a breath of relief and turned to walk back towards home.

"Megan?" Charlie's voice came from behind her.

Megan tensed up and turned to face her. Charlie was dressed in a black romper. It had long sleeves and short legs. She was wearing white heels that weren't all that tall. Megan looked down and shifted uncomfortably.

"What are you doing here?" Megan murmured.

"I'm here for our lunch," Charlie said with a smile.

Megan sighed. "Look Charlie, I don't think it's a good idea."

"C'mon, just one lunch date and I'll leave you alone if that's what you want," Charlie said with a hopeful smile.

Megan bit her bottom lip, sending Charlie into a heated state. Charlie quickly snapped out of it and waited for the girl's response. Megan threw her hands up in defeat.

"Fine."