Chapter Forty Five : "Dancing"

Earlier Megan mentioned she was in college for dance and she wanted to open her own ballet studio. Richard and Kevin were both impressed by it. Kevin was asking her more questions about it. At one point Megan said she could even teach Kevin a move or two.

Richard laughed out loud at that.

"If you can teach Kevin to dance then you are a miracle worker. At our wedding we had to a very slow dance. The one where it looks like the couple aren't even moving. We told people we were caught up in the moment and wanted to savor each other. In reality Kevin can't dance at all." 

Kevin grumbled a bit at that. "You aren't that great either." Richard was coming around the counter and gave Kevin a quick kiss on the lips.

 "I am not a great dancer but at least I have some rhythm."

 "He'd be good practice, ready to put on a tutu?" Megan asked, laughing.

When all the food was placed on the table Kevin stood back and looked at Lucas, Megan, and Charlie. He excused himself from everyone and went outside to give someone a call. Richard sat and explained that he made the tacos buffet style so everyone can fix it up how they like it.

When Kevin came back inside, he heard Richard teasing Megan a bit about being a brat.

Kevin shook his head a bit and sat next to Richard. They all sat and enjoyed the food.

Charlie had had a long day and combined that with the alcohol with dinner she was more than ready for bed. Lucas decided to help her up to bed. He did make sure to say that he will be back very quickly.

The guys weren't idiots. They noticed that Lucas hadn't left either of the girls alone with them at all throughout the day. While he was putting Charlie to bed the guys wanted to stay respectful of Lucas and made sure Megan had more than enough space.

 "So, what made you get into dance?" Kevin asked while he started to wash the dishes

. "Oh, well I loved gymnastics as a kid and I was really good. My grandma was a ballet dancer when she was younger and she put me in some lessons and I just adored dancing right off the bat and wanted to instill that passion in other people." Megan said with light in her eyes.

Kevin smiled big at that. Richard had a small smile at that. "Thats awesome to hear Megan.

When you are ready, I think I will take you up on the offer to teach me to dance. I can prove to Richard that I do have some rhythm. Actually, I am going to do a little dance right now.

You can tell me how bad or possibly good I really am." Kevin said. 

"Honey please don't. You are going to hurt yourself." Richard said with little hope his husband will actually listen.

Kevin moved to the side where there was some room. He could not dance at all. He did some weird moves that ended with a spin. That spin ended up with him on the floor on his back. "So, Megan I wasn't that bad right?" Kevin asked and all Richard did was shake his head and went back to cleaning up.

"There's definitely... potential. Maybe some room for improvement as well." Megan said, politely telling him he sucked.

 "Maybe your skills are more suited to a different style of dancing than... that?" Richard spoke up. "If you want to laugh, feel free to. I know I do occasionally when he tries to dance. If you can actually teach him any dance you will be a miracle worker." Richard said while smiling a bit. Kevin got up and stuck his middle finger at Richard.

"Megan says I have potential and she is the dance person here. So let me know when you are ready to teach. I will be ready to learn." Richard came over to Kevin and kissed him on his head. 

"You know I am just having fun teasing you." With that the three of them finished cleaning the kitchen. "I wonder what's taking Lucas so long." Kevin said.

Lucas came in after a while. "Sorry about that. Charlie was more tired than either of us thought. As soon as we got to the bedroom Charlie sat on the bed and layed down. She said she was going to get up in a moment and get changed into her pjs. She was asleep as soon as she finished that sentence. I changed her into her pjs real quick."

"No worries. We just finished cleaning and Kevin showed off his 'dancing skills!" Richard said with finger quotes around dancing skills.

Lucas groaned when Richard mentioned Kevin's dancing. "So, you saw how atrocious he is?" He asked with a chuckle. 

Richard smiled a real smile and unless you were Kevin those are rare to see. "Yes, she did. She thinks he has potential. I think she will be a miracle worker. Oh God remember at your wedding! Didn't Kevin try to start a conga line or what is it something dumb like the Macarena?" Richard said.

"I think it was the electric slide! And remember he kicked and turned that one time and fell into my cousin?" Lucas doubled over laughing at the memory. 

"Oh, leave him alone, everyone had to learn at some point. He's just... a late bloomer! He needs someone to show him." Megan said, placing a hand on Kevin's shoulder.

Richard was laughing along with Lucas. "Thank you, Megan. I hope you guys know now I am more determined to become a better dancer. I will start practicing at home! Richard honey Lucas doesn't live with me. You do. So that means you will get to see my 'atrocious' dancing more often." Kevin said while smirking at the men. Richard immediately stopped laughing at stared at Kevin with a 'are you serious face.' Which sent Lucas to the floor laughing.

After Lucas was done laughing Kevin reached down and pulled Lucas off the floor.

Everyone decided it was time for bed.