Chapter Forty Three: Security

Kevin was organizing all the equipment on the table and explaining some of it to Charlie; while they waited for Lucas to come out with the picture. When they heard the porch door open Kevin turned around and asked if he was able to get the pictures.

Lucas nodded his head and handed over the picture of the two men who broke into their house. Kevin took the picture. "Are these the same people who broke into your house and Megans apartment? Do any of you know them? Do you know if the police have a lead on them at all?" Richard looked at the picture. Kevin grabbed the pieces of paper of the equipment he couldn't bring. He made sure all three of them were looking at the papers.

Kevin described the equipment as well. While they were distracted Richard took a photo of the men in the picture with his phone. 

"We assume that they're the same ones who broke into her apartment. I don't think any of us know them. Just some random hooligans. The police took some rocks to try and get a fingerprint off them but I don't know if they had any leads." Lucas told them. "Actually... that kinda looks like... Thomas?" Megan said, never actually having seen the photo before.

"Who's Thomas? An ex of yours?" Kevin asked.

Lucas clenched his fist at the name. "He is someone we've had... trouble with at the club. I didn't put two and two together, but it does look like him." Lucas said through gritted teeth. "I'll be right back." Richard said. He got up and left the garden. Kevin looked at Richard's back as he walked away. Then he turned around to Lucas, Charlie, and Megan.

"The police are very competent. I am sure they will be able to catch this Thomas person." With that Kevin talked about the equipment that he had brought. "You cannot get better security system than this. If you don't want all of this, please feel free to pick and choose what items you would like." Kevin picks up the smallest camera they had. "This one is my personal favorite. It has great audio and visual." Kevin said.

"I want the works for both places. This Thomas guy almost struck Megan in the club the other night." Lucas said angrily.

"Done. Since you are buying so much and are a very close friend of mine, I will give you a good price." Kevin said. Richard came in at that point.

Kevin gave him a look and Richard nodded his head. Kevin turned around back to everyone "You will be feeling a lot safer soon enough." Kevin said. "Sorry about that. I just had some business to take care of. It is all sorted now." Richard said while sitting down. "So where were we?" Richard asked. "Oh, we were just discussing what they will be getting. When we get home, I will arrange my best men to install all of this" Kevin said.

"I appreciate it. I just need to know my girls are safe." Lucas said, placing a hand on Megan and Charlie's thighs. They both leaned their heads on his shoulders.

Kevin smiled at them. "Don't worry they will be safe with the new system." Kevin smiles and pulled out his phone, showing it to Richard

Richard turned to Kevin and gave him a small kiss on his cheek. "We understand that you have to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love." Richard said.

After that the five of them spent the next few hours catching up and getting to know Megan.

Whenever Lucas, Charlie or Megan asked about their girl the guys kept things vague. They told how they met her and how Kevin knew her from childhood but other than that they didn't give much detail. When asked about pictures of her Kevin had told them that they were superstitious and didn't want to risk jinxing things with their girl.