4. Motel room

Warnings: mentions of blood, angst, death

Year: 2007 (flashback)

Two days had passed since their arrival at the hotel. During most of these two days, Toji either looked at his laptop screen, watched the equestrian race on TV or reported to his employer on the phone.

Meanwhile, Y/N was either sharpening their knives and cleaning Toji's gun, or she was looking out the window.

Spending time among people always confused Y/N and made her think of a parallel world where she could have friends of her age to laugh with.

Whenever she thought about three days ago, she remembered the scene of a girl and a boy kissing on the street. Until that day, she had only seen kissing on television and in the movies. That specific scene was the first time seeing kissing up close.

It was interesting for Y/N that no negative energy was emitted from the girl or boy while kissing. The nature of that act gave her a headache. 'How could a simple act like putting your lips on someone else's lips can wash out all your negative energies?'

Unfortunately, our girl didn't have anyone to answer her questions. So, she sighed and went to her bed and tried to sleep. Tomorrow was a big day, but the girl didn't know yet.

Around noon of the following day, Toji and Y/N were lurking among the trees near the entrance gates of a monastery-like school. Two hours had passed without a word exchange between them. After hours of waiting, they could finally hear the laughter of four people in the distance.

Y/N, out of curiosity, moved a little so that she could see their faces. Two boys and two girls were approaching the gates.

One of the boys had white hair and sunglasses. 'Was he old? Was it possible to grow old in youth?' She looked at the other boy with black hair. 'He has attractive eyes and a charming smile.' One of the girls looked older and walked slowly beside the young girl with a high school uniform.