26. Fall

Warning: Fluff.

A/N: I'm back, bitches :D

Year: 2019

Have you ever smiled as you watched someone in their sleep?

That morning, he woke up, and before he even looked at the clock, her face hit his mind. Her face reminded him how great his life was going. So he did his best to memorize everything about her peaceful sleeping face, about the way their bodies were in the same space of bed.

He caught his eyes on her, lying next to him, and he knew it was over for all the plans he had. He watched the curvature of her eyelashes on her closed eyes. Perfection. Then his gaze fell upon the joyous smile on her lips, her rosy lips. 'Had she fallen asleep happy?' He smiled with the thought.

Now, as the author, let me tell you all something. Once you've thought of all this, you're fucked.

Satoru was screwed as well. Asking me how? Oh, in a marvelous way. His life had changed since the day she had stepped into his life. He could see the beauty in everything he once considered ordinary. Maybe it was the touch of her skin against his as she kissed him or the feeling of her breath on his neck as she whispered love in his ear. Who knows, maybe it was just the way she spoke his name that made everything look so beautiful.

He wasn't sure how to explain it. He wasn't the man of poems. All he knew was that he was in love with her. He was stone-shelled, cold, severe like a fine Carrara Marble with a blue finish before her. But she made him feel warm inside, and he melted into her palms. He didn't want to let her go. No way.

His fingers moved the strands of hair off her forehead. She knew everything about him, every sharp edge, every dark corner, every blind spot that he had tried to hide his entire life. She had seen them all and had nevertheless chosen to stay, trust, and love. She was there, sleeping among the arms of her executioner.

God. He loved her. He had fallen in love, deeper than he had ever felt before.

He ran his hand across her face. He hardly knew how to handle himself. He could feel joy and terror together. His heart was heavy with something he didn't even know how to describe it. Gratitude? Yes, it was gratitude mixed with fear. Fear of losing her.