25. Promises

Warning: Slight NSFW.

Year: 2019

Yuji saw it all.

He saw how his Sensei began to run through the dim hallways of the school on that cold winter day. He saw Satoru standing in front of Y/N's room, calling out to her, panting. But there was no response. Yuji watched as he reached into his pocket and pulled a key to open the door with trembling hands.

'Why does Gojo Sensei have the key to Y/N's room?' Yuji's eyebrows curved upwards, wrinkles formed on his forehead, and the whites of his eyes became visible.

At that point, nothing came to Yuji's mind, so he followed his Sensei into the room and stood at Y/N's door. Satoru quickly turned his head, and Yuji was able to see his sleepless eyes and drawn-back lips.

'Why is he worried?' With a smile, Yuji walked inward and greeted Sensei to say hello, but it was as if somebody else had stolen Satoru's body. He didn't have his usual grin and turned to his student with wide eyes and tensed body.

"Where is Y/N?" As Satoru spoke, his voice was sharp; then, he was on the verge of tears before Yuji knew it. He tried desperately to hide it; he kept his face straight and stern words.

Today, Satoru did not have time to sugarcoat his words. His heart was not far from tearing off his chest and leaping out of it.

No later than yesterday, he received a message from Shoko while he was on a mission. Y/N had been injured on a mission, accompanied by Yuji and Maki, exorcizing a high-ranked curse in an orphanage.

The physical injuries weren't something Y/N couldn't handle herself, but when they were about to leave, the orphans surrounded them to thank them for their help, and the tragedy began just down there. Without knowing what they were causing, the poor kids had started to embrace Y/N and clung to her arms.