28. Forget Me Not

Warning: Nothing for you, but I was really upset when I wrote this chapter

Warning: Nothing for you, but I was really upset when I wrote this chapter. I love Y/N so much...

 I love Y/N so much

Year: 2019

Four days after Rika and Y/N's encounter

The sound of raindrops hitting the glass made the silence of the room even more unbearable.

The infirmary felt much smaller than usual. Like there was something outside pressing against the windows, aching to come in. Maybe it was the noise. It probably was the noise.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

A thousand, million taps at once. The language of water. And yet, the air inside seemed heavy, or about to be.

The lines of water blurred the scenery of bloomed trees outside the window, but it didn't matter. She had the image anchored in her mind of all the mornings spent looking out the same window.

She exhaled deeply and tried to capture the smell of the rain as much as she could with her next inhale. The ancients used to call it Petrichor, the earthy fragrance produced when rain falls on dry soil.

"Y/N, do you think you can keep staring at the rain and ignore me?" A voice was heard by a man seated in a chair a few meters from her bed, arms crossed.

He always wore his black clothes from head to toe with his famous sunglasses. Except that this time his frowns were tangled, and it seemed that procrastination further on would not end in anyone's favor.

Y/N sighed, slowly pulling her legs towards her abdomen below the blanket and wrapping her arms around her knees. Her fingers found each other, locking together while her teeth began to chew her lips.

She knew where that conversation would lead. So she took one big breath and tried not to look into Yaga's eyes, "I'm listening."

"I expected more from you," the school principal's voice was filled with regret. Of course, he cannot be blamed because he never thought that Y/N would be someone who might lie or hide anything from him. Was he wrong about her to begin with? Maybe she was actually someone who could slit everyone's throat in sleep, cold heart. His trust had obviously been betrayed.