33. Touch

Warning: Please don't curse me. I feel like you'll hate me after this chapter.

A/N: Listen to the song. It's amazing.

 It's amazing

Year: 2019

"Did he take it well?" the man with blond hair asked, removing a cigarette from the package and putting it between his lips. Nobody had seen him smoking much, but today seemed like an exception. A grand exception. His coat was hung on the wood railing next to him; contrary to usual, he had no tie. Based on the mess in his hair and the dimples under his eyes, it was apparent that he had had a rough night. He pulled out his lighter, lifted it slowly, and flickered it a few times while protecting the small flame from the autumn wind with his hand. Eventually, something good came along, and his cigarette was lit. He took his first whiff and breathed a sigh of relief as if the air had returned to his lungs.

"I don't think anyone can call it taking, Kento," the brunette answered, holding out her hand to pick up the lighter from him. She looked at him from the corner of her eyes. Damn! He seemed worse than she did, that's for sure. "He shouted, knocked on the walls, and blamed himself. I guess what we feared finally happened."

She pressed the trigger on the lighter with her thumb and continued, "he lost it. Completely." A buzz of Nicotine pleasure was evident on her face; she wanted to enjoy it all the way before fading away. Why not just smoke? The reason for her quitting smoking vanished hours ago. Fuck! When would the pain disappear? "I'd never seen him that desperate."

Dawn was nearby, and the school was buried in silence. The clouds had rained, the thunder had rumbled and wept, the yellow and orange leaves had covered the ground, and the smell of wet earth had invaded all around. Still, no bird or cricket chant could be heard. Maybe even the animals mourned quietly for the soul of the unborn child who left this world before her first cry.

Maybe if it were a typical day, that view wouldn't be as gloomy, but taking into account their red and sunken eyes, it was clear that sadness owned the day. Even though there was not yet any sun in the sky, both stood by the infirmary, under the canopy, and leaned against the wooden wall behind them. Perhaps they simply wanted to be close to those across the wall.