5. Sea

Warnings: mentions of suicide attempts, angst

Year: 2018

The woman took another step towards the stormy sea. It was raining heavily, making her hair and clothes wet.

The tears on the woman's face were hardly recognizable in the rain. Her sobs were drowned out by thunder.

The woman looked at her hands with wet eyes. How many peoples' blood was spilled on her hands? How many children grew up without a parent because of her?

About eleven years ago, Y/N decided not to take any more innocent lives, but as a murderer, how correct was her judgment?

How much more valuable was her life to take away the lives of others so selfishly? And what for, the sake of living longer? Every night, guilt was eating her alive.

After eleven years of waiting, finally, today was the day that Y/N decided to put an end to everything.

She took another step towards the sea. At least, she had no one to miss her. No one had to cry for her. Her death will not upset anyone. No one will remember her, and so easily, she will be forgotten ... as if she never existed.

The woman took a final step towards the sea. The waves were hitting her knees hard. She raised her hand and tried to wipe away her tears and die bravely for the last time.

Y/N looked at the sea, closed her eyes, and moved forward, wishing she could have had a better life as the cold water hit her head and face.

But fate was there with her too, and it had other plans. Suddenly Y/N's heart ached with pain before she could completely surrender herself to the sea.

The pain felt as if someone had removed a piece of her being. The same part she had been looking for, for a long time. In an instant, it was as if she had finally found that piece and lost it simultaneously. Her breath was short because of the pain. The waves hit her hard, and she was not far from drowning. She pressed one hand on her heart and tried to pull herself to the beach with the other.

She was lying on the beach with her hair stuck to her face. With her hand still on her heart, she coughed, and the seawater came out of her mouth. She raised her head and looked around before getting up. She didn't know how, but she was sure where to go.

Y/N had to go to a place where death awaited her. She had to see what was lacking in her life before she could die in peace.

Raindrops were dripping from Y/N's head as she stood in front of the entrance of a familiar place. The same school she had come out of it with Riko Amanai's lifeless body years ago. She knew well that she would face a terrible death if she took another step, and she took it anyway. She had nothing to lose.