30. Red Wedding

Warnings: Mentions of blood and NSFW contents

Year: 2019

Day 0

The old clock chimed five times, and the sound resonated in the silence. It was the end of another warm summer day. The sun had long since hidden behind the clouds out of the window, leaving the sky alone with crimson red reflections. The leaves were motionless, and the crickets' chirping could be heard below the tree.

The leather squeaked as the weight on the couch was shifted. The man with white hair got up and walked towards the window, making the wooden floor under his black shoes creak. Why was he wearing black from head to toe? Was anything important about to happen? Or did it happen before?

He placed his hands in his pockets and looked at the scenery, lost in the rhythmic percussions of the river water. His eyes were steady on the horizon, face aglow with the last orange rays before down. His lips bore the semblance of a smile, just enough to show that he was enjoying his thoughts, whatever they were.

When the newspaper flipped, the white-haired man remembered that he was not alone in the room. However, it made no difference to him.

"Are you nervous, Satoru?" The blond man inquired, his eyes still locked on the words of the Financial Business Journal.

Satoru rolled his eyes, and with his hands still in his pockets, he turned to the coach and threw himself on it. "Nope," he crossed one leg over another and stared at the man in front of him. "I'm boreeeeeed. Come on! Would you say something interesting?" He hung his head off the couch, and his white hair slipped from his forehead in the opposite direction. An old scar could be seen above his left eye if one looked closely. A souvenir from a distant memory. A memento from the first time he met Y/N. How romantic.

Nanami sighed and continued reading the article without paying attention to him. Again. After all, ignorance was the best defense against the man-child. The pleasant silence, however, didn't last long. Suddenly, as if the light bubble above Satoru's head had lit up, he clapped his hands. "All right! I got it!" He yayed, "let's play catch with discarded rice balls while discussing the separation of church from the state while filming it and posting it online to troll people!" He was all excited over his brilliant idea, to be honest.