1. Midnight Snack Date

Monami Tossed and turned in her bed continuously as sleep was far away from her eyes. And finally after getting tired she sat up straight on the bed with a sigh. Her stomach growled lightly with hunger indicating that she needs to fill it.

She got embarrassed at it and looked up to Sanju's bed and when she saw Sanju in deep sleep she sighed in relief.

'Ab kya karu? Mere paas toh kucch khaane ke liye bhi nahi hai!' She thought but then an idea stuck to him.

She took out her phone and quickly messaged Sid.

"Tum so rahe ho?"

"Haa mai so hi raha hu! " Minutes later a reply came back.

"Toh fir message kya sapne se reality mei transfer kar rahe ho? " She messaged back thinking it was Sid.

"Tumhe araam ki zarurat hai! Chup chaap so jaiye Rani Saaheba! " Karan messaged back as he found her talk utterly senseless. First, she had texted him this late at night and now was talking utter nonsense with him over texts.

She looked wide eyed as she saw that she had messaged Karan instead of Sid but she couldn't back out now.

"Kabse koshish kar rahi hu lekin neend hi nahi aarahi! " She told him over the message about her misery.

"Toh aap kya chahti hai Rani Saaheba, mai aapko lori sunau? " He sent her the message and she got furious at his sarcastic remark.

"Nahi so jao! Tumhe neend ki zada zarurat hai! Khadoos Shergill😡" She messaged and kept her phone aside and tiptoed put of her room.

A small walk maybe could tire her brain to sleep.

'Arey yeh phone kyu nahi pick kar rahi hai? Kahi der raat apne shahi daure pe toh nahi nikal gayi Rani Saaheba? ' he thought as he had tried calling her after seeing her last message but since the phone was silent, even Sanju couldn't hear the ring.

After having it enough he too walked out of his room but took a packet of biscuits and a chocolate along with him just in case if she wanted to eat something.

He was walking towards her dorm when he saw a shadow on the garden area. He knew who that might be so he followed it and found her walking aimlessly in the garden.

"Yaha kya kar rahi ho? Araam karne ke liye kaha tha na maine? " He said in a stern tone making her jerk back.

"Tumne toh dara hi diya? " She said putting her hand on her chest as she was truly surprised seeing him there.

"Mai tumhe koi bhoot lag raha hu jo tum dar gayi? Aur itni raat ko yaha kya kar rahi ho? " He asked keeping his worry in check.

"Mujhe neend nahi aa rahi thi aur upar se tum bhi message pe gussa kar rahe the isliye socha shayad walk karne ke baad neend aajayegi. " She told him sheepishly.

"Der raat message karogi aur puchogi ki mai so raha hu toh gussa toh aayega hi! Accha yeh lo! " He passed her the pack of biscuits and chocolate to her making her face lit up.

"Thankyou! Tumhe kaise pata chala ki mujhe bhook lagi thi? " She asked.

"Bas andaaza tha! " He replied back before giving her an amused look as she looked at chocolate and the pack of biscuits as if she was in dilemma to what eat first.

"Biscuits khaalo pehle! Usse pet bhar jaayega uske baad taste ke liye chocolate khaa lena! " He answered not able to take her dilemma anymore.

"Thank you for the solution! " She said opening the pack of biscuits and munching on it while sitting on the grass of the garden.

He gave her an unbelievable look.

"Arey kya hua? Baith jao! " She said as if it was her palace's garden. He shook his head before sitting beside her.

It was a cool night as winters were approaching hence the wind blowing was slightly colder than usual.

"Uhh sorry! " She uttered making him look at her confused.

"Kis liye? Mujhe yaha baithane ke liye ya message karke meri neend kharaab karne ke liye? " He replied back in his usual grumpy tone.

"Tumhe message karne ke liye! Mai toh Sid ko kar rahi thi lekin pata nahi galti se tumhe kar diya but tum yaha aaye aur mere liye biscuits laaye uske liye thanks! " She explained.

"Rani Saaheba mai light sleeper hu isliye tumhaare message se jag gaya lekin agar tumne us namune Sidharth ko message kiya hota toh koi reply aata hi nahi. Woh ek number ka aalsi hai. " Karan told her the fact.

"Aisa nahi hai! Woh meri bohot help karta hai aur woh.. " She was interrupted in between by him.

"Haa haa pata hai! Woh tumhaara mitr, bff, best buddy hai! Baar baar bataane ki zarurat nahi hai! " He told her.

She nodded her head at him not knowing what else to answer him. Conversing with him were so mechanical and forced as if he had created some invisible walls around him. Whenever anyone would try to interact with him, he let those walls come out and safe guard himself. She wondered why did he do that everytime.

"Ek din i will break them! " She announced making him confused at her sudden mission.

"Kya break karengi aap Rani Saaheba? " He asked casually.

"Walls! " She answered.

"Walls? "

"Haa jo tumne apne aas paas inti saari invisible walls bana rakhi hai, woh break karungi ek din mai! " She told him her mission while he looked at her in amusement.

"Dekhte hai! " He softly whispered.

______________________________________
Thanks for reading.