41. Washing her hair

It was the perfect evening. Karan was curled up on the couch at Monami's house with his girlfriend after a long week at work; their bellies were full of food and they were listening to music on the radio. Well, maybe not quite perfect. What could make it perfect was...

Karan wrapped an arm around his girl's shoulders and pulled her close, wanting to snuggle and bury his face in her neck, play with her hair and just be comfy. He started to do just that when she pushed him away; not roughly, but firmly nonetheless.

"I haven't washed my hair yet Karan. "

He sat back after that. You'd think that being a soldier, Karan was used to unkempt people, often being in situations where it could be days before he had close relations with soap and water. But living with a bunch of unwashed men was one thing; those were his fellow soldiers and he didn't make a habit of snuggling with them. His girlfriend was a completely different matter. To snuggle with her and be as close as possible was something to be highly desired, preferably as often as he could. So could Karan help it if he liked clean hair? Of course not!

He was thwarted by his girlfriend though, whose dedication to her career was admirable, but at the same time it left personal hygiene a little low on her list of priorities, lately. He looked at her side-eyed.

"How long?" He dared to ask

Monami paused, obviously needing to think about it.

Aish...this isn't good.

"Day before yesterday?" she said, trying to look innocent.

Karan shook his head. "This woman is ridiculous. I don't know her." Coming to a decision, he grabbed her hand and stood, yanking her up with him.

"Karan!"

"That's it. You're coming with me."

If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. He thought to himself. And what he wanted was his girlfriend with nice, sweet-smelling hair he could bury his face in. But as he continued to think about it, he didn't know why he didn't do this sooner. She had once teased him about taking a bath, instead of watching her in the tub, he could be an active participant in the process. Well, to an extent at least. He didn't think they were ready for the full bath tub experience, as much as he might want it. But tonight at least, there would be hair washing.

Oh yes.

Now if only he could get his Rani Saaheba to agree.

"What are you doing Karan?!" she exclaimed as he tugged her across the living room.

"The great Dr. Mahajan may be a great doctor of our time, but she can't seem to take care of herself. Obviously she needs me to do that for her, right? " Karan smirked. "Seriously, I don't know how you manage without me outside of the hospital."

He started herding her towards the bathroom.

"Where are we going?" Monami demanded. She tried to yank her hand away but her commando boyfriend was too strong for her.

The grin on his face was way too smug and anticipatory. "I'm going to wash your hair, Rani Saaheba."

It was something he'd thought about often, all of those domestic little delights they could share along with a bed, but he hadn't considered actually doing it until now.

"What? NO! I can do that myself!"

"Obviously not." Karan remarked, taking his free hand and gingerly flipping a lock of her hair. Once in the bathroom, he led her up to the tub and released her hand. She immediately tried to bolt, but having experienced her running out on him in the past, he was ready this time and grabbed her arm.

"Ah ah ah....no running away. Kya hua? Paani se dar lagta hai ya fir saabun se? I'd think you'd be used to washing, being a doctor and all."

The look she gave him was anything but that of a doctor who spent time on intense training with him.

"Now now, this won't hurt a bit." Karan said, turning on the water with his free hand. While it warmed up, he looked around and grabbed a bottle from the shelf.

"Ise 'shampoo' kehte hai." He explained as if to a child, holding it in front of her face. "I know you're unfamiliar with it, but it's really good stuff. Leaves your hair so nice and clean."

"You're so funny. Mai tumhe isi tub mei duba ke maar dungi Karan. "

"At least you'll have to clean hair first." He requested seeing her going murderous on him.

"I'm a doctor. I know how to make it look like an accident. Police ko shak bhi nahi hoga ki yeh ek murder hai. "

Karan gave her another side eye look. "Such a nice girlfriend I have. The things I do for this woman." He tested the water in the shower. Perfect temperature.

"Bend your head down." He placed one hand on the back of her neck and applied a gentle pressure.

"I don't know who you are." Karan said, but she leaned over the tub.

"I'd worry, but I can tell you're not letting other men wash your hair. Aur yeh ek bohot acchi baat hai."

Karan ran water through her hair to dampen it, then poured a little of the shampoo into his hand. Taking a sniff, he decided he liked it. She should use it more often.

He discovered there was something wonderfully intimate about washing his girlfriend's hair. He loved running his fingers through it, massaging her scalp, and so he was very thorough, making sure every bit of it got soapy. It seemed like she was enjoying it too, because she started to relax, and Karan smiled fondly.

He leaned down and whispered in her ear. "You have beautiful hair. Attached to such a beautiful woman. Can you blame me for wanting to be close, as close as I can?"

Karan started rinsing her hair off, and as the running water exposed the back of her neck he moved her head so that the water was away from it, and he moved in close, taking in her scent. She smelled so sweet and clean now, and he couldn't help pressing his mouth in a kiss to her skin. Such a soft, vulnerable spot, sensitive too. Monami shivered, and smiling, he kissed the back of her neck again, more lightly this time, running his lips gently over it.

"So pretty." He whispered against her skin.

"You..." Monami's voice cracked on the word, and she cleared her throat and tried again. "You're missing my head and just getting the tub."

Karan straightened and saw that he had indeed ignored that he was no longer rinsing her head. Oops. He took consolation in the fact that she was just as affected as he was though.

Making sure she was completely rinsed, he turned off the water and grabbed a towel.

"Here." He handed it to her.

Monami straightened, taking the towel. "You're not going to dry it for me too?"

"I don't know how to do that whole...wrapping the towel around the head thing which you girls do. Besides, I just washed it for you. Bhalaayi ka toh zamaana hi nahi hai. " Karan shook his head, but as he turned away from her he grinned.

"Ab kya tum apne hair wash regularly kar sakti ho? Just think of it like a prescription. Follow Dr. Shergill's orders."

"Dr. Shergill, is it now?" she asked, following him back out into the living room. "And what is this prescription for?"

Karan grabbed her hand and fell back onto the couch, pulling her down with him. She landed in his lap with a small cry, and he wrapped his arms around her. Now this was what he'd needed, he thought, kissing the side of her neck.

"The prescription for a perfect evening with your loving boyfriend." He said, and moving up to her lips, began to shut up her in a very sexy way.

_________________________
Thanks for reading.