21. Care

After the training session of recruits, Karan immediately called out all the recruits for an interaction session in the auditorium not bothering even a bit about their fatigue.

"So I called you all here to... " This was what Monami had heard before she blacked out completely on the cemented floor of the auditorium.

Karan wanted to be immediately by her side and  bend down on the floor, taking her in his arms but sadly Sid was by her side already hence making Karan stand near them.

"Yeh toh hona hi tha! Ab insaan ko itna torture denge toh woh behosh to hoga hi! " Someone among the recruits muttered loud enough for the trainers to hear.

"Kon bola yeh? " Sanjana asked angrily.

"Sanjana enough! We will see that later, first we need to make sure she is fine! " Karan roared making everyone flinch at his rough tone.

Before anyone could react, Karan swiftly took her in his arms and carried her all the way to the medical room not before instructing Faizi to continue the talk without him. Sid wanted to follow but one glare from Karan and he changed his mind already.

Lately Karan had been too much harsh on the recruits making them sleep less than six hours, training them the hardest way possible and not to forget the sarcastic remarks he would make to her from time to time.

Faizi though was constantly warning Karan about the same but Karan never gave his words any heed but today her falling unconscious like that made his heart grip in fear of loosing the only person who could challenge him, challenge his methods and most importantly fight him. He didn't want to loose her.

Once she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was his stoic face much to her misery. She slowly got up and looked around to see that she was in the medical room.

"Tum theek ho? " He asked softly much to her surprise but the next moment he noticed that she caught his worried tone, he immediately cleared his throat.

"M-mai yaha k-kaise? " She stuttered under his heated gaze.

"Aur kon laayega? Mai laaya aapko Rani Saahiba! " He said keeping his worry in check.

"Tum? Par kyu? I mean Sid.. " She got interrupted in between by him.

"Woh baaki numuno.. I mean recruits ke saath faizi ki announcement sun raha hai which is more important for him. " He said quite sternly.

"Aur tumhare liye? " She asked.

"Matlab? " He asked raising his eye brow in confusion.

"Matlab yeh ki tumhaare liye yahaa rehna important nahi tha but but you stayed even after dropping me here so... " She again got interrupted in between by him.

"Thankyou ki koi zarurat nahi hai! It's fine! " He said casually as if it wasn't much of a task.

"Arey puri baat toh sunlo! Thankyou nahi keh rahi thi mai." She replied making him slightly surprised.

"Toh fir? " He asked.

"Mai toh keh rahi thi ki kahi naariyal jaise officer Karan Shergill ko kahi mujhse pyaar toh nahi hogaya?" She asked in order to get back the old Khadus Shergill.

"Very funny! Maine socha tha ki Mai thoda lenient hojaunga tumhaare saath but ab no chance! " He huffed out angrily making her pout at him cutely.

"Aur nahi toh kya! Yeh hui na baat! " She said to his retreating figure as he stormed out.

After he left, she felt giddy remembering his worried gaze and smiled.

"Karan Shergill ke paas bhi dil hai, aaj pata chala! "

______________________________________
Thanks for reading.