48. Love at first sight

What if instead of having a misunderstanding at the very first sight, she had fallen in love with him on seeing him for the first time and vice versa??

Karan stepped out of his jeep in the middle of nowhere making everyone confused at his stunt. Sanju and Faizi had somewhat idea about Karan's plan but they were not entirely sure about it. The civilians on the other hand were confused as to why Karan stopped there bus in the jungle and not in the academy.

"Monu, I think this tall guy is crack head." Sid snickered, standing beside her in the long que of civilians, separated by gender.

"Shut up Sid." She looked at her front to find a person who looked extremely handsome in her eyes. He seemed amazing in her eyes. She had never experienced this kind of feeling ever before. It was love at first sight for her even though she hasn't seen his eyes at the moment but she knew that behind those dark shades would be a pair of fierce yet volume speaking eyes.

" Aap sab yaha se paidal jaayenge academy tak. You will reach there till 12 hundred hours." He commanded in his usual strict yet gruff tone to which he got shocked expressions from everyone which he had expected.

"Special agent Sanjana and Faizi aap logo ki madad karenge academy tak pohochne mei but jo nahi pohocha use entry nahi milegi academy mei." He added making everyone groan in annoyance. A satisfying smirk formed on his face until his gaze fell on something or rather someone.

A girl standing in the queue wearing green jump suit looking straight at him.

Mujhe faizi ko follow karna chahiye tha jab woh sabka interview le ra tha, now I am clueless about her name.

He mentally chided before taking off his sunglasses to have a more clear look at her and noticed a certain change in her expressions.

Did she just gawk at me? Accha hai that she finds me attractive.

He boosted his own self before realising that two pair of eyes were boring holes inside his head, he unwantedly removed his gaze from her and looked behind to see his partners glaring at him.

"Ghoorna band karo! And get them started." He subtly replied and in a minute everyone started moving.

"Tall guy?"  A young guy but shorter than Karan approached him with confusion written all over his face.

"What?" Karan didn't even attempt to hide his irritation, actually he never did with only a few exceptions.

"I don't know your name so..." Siddharth didn't complete his sentence intentionally and was having second thoughts on walking to the tall and also rude guy.

"Mera naam Karan hai, so you can call me Karan Sir." Karan answered back in his crisp official tone making Sid just nod his head slightly with a half smile.

"And I am Monami, Dr. Monami Mahajan." Karan heard her as she popped from behind Sid and and made herself the centre of his attention.

"Doctor huh? But fir yeh training kyu?" Karan was impressed with her already but he needed to talk to her so he was holding onto the conversation which in itself was a big deal because his area of expertise was growling and glaring, not holding conversations with people.

"Kyuki mujhe meri mom ki tarah banna hai!" She replied to him honestly while Sid just stared at the two.

This tall guy was rude to me but monu se aise pyaar se baat kar raha hai jaise yeh iska pehla pyaar ho and monu bhi. Pata nahi kaha fas gaya mai?

"Woh bhi army mei hai?" Karan asked her again.

"Thi! Woh bhi army mei doctor thi." She explained to him and a sad smile appeared on her face.

"Ohh sorry..i" Karan hesitated as he had absolutely no idea on how to pull off these kind of consoling conversations.

"It's fine sir." She replied to which Karan made a confused face.

"Sir?" He blurted out because sir was the last thing he wanted her to address him with.

"Haa abhi aap hi ne toh Sid se sir bolne ko kaha tha." She looked over at Sid for a second before looking at Karan again.

Oh toh is namune ka naam Sid hai.

Karan mentally noted the name as he usually did but his name forgetting habit always troubles him.

"Sir baaki sabke liye hai, for you it's Karan, understood doc?" He snickered with a cocky look on his face.

She barely managed to nod her head as she got dazed by his smile, he looked even more handsome to her with a closer look. And he felt the same for her too, it felt amazing to her heart that it wasn't one sided.

Yaha aane ka mission successful hogaya, I found love.

She did a happy dance mentally before she heard his voice again.

"Huh.." she managed to utter.

"Kaha kho gayi?" Karan asked her not able to read her face.

"Nahi kucch nahi, bas kucch soch rahi thi." She told him.

"Hmm! Well kya tum mere saath Jeep mei chalogi academy ya baaki recruits ke saath jaogi?" He asked her though half knowing her answer already.

The thought of having a ride with him on his Jeep tempted her but she wanted to look cool in his eyes as well.

"Baaki recruits ke saath jaungi mai." She confirmed to which Karan proudly smiled at her before making a call.

"Ustaad ji aap gaadi academy bhijwa dijiye, mai recruits ke saath aaunga." He told the person on the phone, all the while not looking away from her even for a micro second.

Sid wanted to puke to his heart's content on seeing this crappy love at first sight movie in front of his eyes, so before he actually puked, he walked off.

Karan on the other hand ended the call and put his phone back.

"Chale?" He asked.

"Par kyu Karan?" She didn't understand that why he changed his plan and wanted to follow the recruits instead.

"Tumhaari safety ke liye!" He answered coyly

"Aur baaki log?" She countered back.

"Unke liye Faizi aur Sanju hai! They will handle but mai exclusively tumhaare liye aaraha hu." He uttered making her blush hard at his words.

___________________________________________
Done !!